Some days, it's the small victories

hawkdriver

When I display my flashlights, I always try to find period batteries for them, however, the military batteries are nearly impossible to find as they are one of those items that no one ever thought of keeping around. Today, I won an auction for a pair of Early Vietnam "D" cell batteries for my early Vietnam flashlight. Some times, the small victories are as great as the large ones.

33dz6vn.jpg

Ya, I'm thinking it was a mistake to post this. Now, I'm going to be in competition with everyone for batteries! :pinch: Of course, it is a expensive thing to buy batteries and then never get to see them because they are hidden inside the flashlights. Matter of fact, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, it is a incredible waste of money, and these are not the droids you are looking for.... is my Jedi mind trick working?

Leatherwringer
interesting item Hawk. I've never even thought about period batteries for any of my flashlights. Nice find :thumbsup:

Terry

oh great......another diversion in my collecting agends....period batteries......damn.....this place is costing me money :D

Leatherwringer
these are not the droids you are looking for

Image1-1.jpg

is my Jedi mind trick working?

yes...but not the way you probably intended it to :D

Holy Christ on a crutch! That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time :w00t: I am always saying that statement, I am going to print that and post it in my office!

Really, don't do it! besides, I've already bought all the buy it now batteries off eBay, so there are none left... these are not the droids you are looking for...

Leatherwringer
Holy Christ on a crutch! That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time :w00t: I am always saying that statement, I am going to print that and post it in my office!

Really, don't do it! besides, I've already bought all the buy it now batteries off eBay, so there are none left... these are not the droids you are looking for...

glad I was able to offer up a laugh for the day!

and I think the jedi mind trick is working.....I have other things on my wish list at the moment....and I have spent

enough money on CR123's to last a lifetime (or at least a year or two)

I also have a flashlight addiction! surefire,mcgizmo,streamlight......ya....the list goes on and on :D

I think that batteries only corrode if they have a residual charge to them. If they are completely dead, they don't corrode. I can't answer that with any real authority, I just know that I bought a WWI flashlight with the original battery in it. I haven't checked it, but I think it's completely dead. :lol:

Robswashashore
I think that batteries only corrode if they have a residual charge to them. If they are completely dead, they don't corrode. I can't answer that with any real authority, I just know that I bought a WWI flashlight with the original battery in it. I haven't checked it, but I think it's completely dead. :lol:

Hey you mean they don't really keep going and going like the bunny on the commercial?????!!!!! :lol: