What type of 'chute do I have here?

Leatherwringer

Leatherwringer

Picked this package up today.......I did not know how big and heavy this setup would be.

the guy told me it is a cargo parachute with a smaller 15ft. separate chute..........

after pulling the small chute out....I don't even want to take the large chute out.

007.jpg

005.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

Based on the parachute log it looks like one of the parachutes your have is a 15 ft. ringslot extraction parachute owned by the Air Force's 76th Aerial Port Squadron. It's hared to tell what the second parachute is. It could be a G-11, G-12 or G-14 low velocity cargo parachute. Is there a parachute log on this parachute?

Leatherwringer
Based on the parachute log it looks like one of the parachutes your have is a 15 ft. ringslot extraction parachute owned by the Air Force's 76th Aerial Port Squadron. It's hared to tell what the second parachute is. It could be a G-11, G-12 or G-14 low velocity cargo parachute. Is there a parachute log on this parachute?

that info looks pretty much good.....other than the "owned by" part. :D

i did find a .pdf on the 15ft chute

I will look for another log

Leatherwringer
It's hared to tell what the second parachute is. It could be a G-11, G-12 or G-14 low velocity cargo parachute. Is there a parachute log on this parachute?

shure as heck there is! right inside the top in another small holder!

it is a G12E last inspect date was 31 Aug 09

thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

that info looks pretty much good.....other than the "owned by" part. :D

i did find a .pdf on the 15ft chute

I will look for another log

Ok, The extraction parachute was used to pull the load out of the aircraft so that the main parachute(s) could deploy. Note that the larger cargo parachute is very large, it could be 100 feet in diameter.

Leatherwringer
Ok, The extraction parachute was used to pull the load out of the aircraft so that the main parachute(s) could deploy. Note that the larger cargo parachute is very large, it could be 100 feet in diameter.

yep....exactly why I am not planning on taking it out of the pack!!! it is HUGE and HEAVY