USN Pilots Leather G-1 Flight Jacket

TheGermanCollector

TheGermanCollector

Hello,

I am 16 and Normally a Luftwaffe Collector with a bit of WWI. So this is my first major transition to U.S militaria. Living in the U.S it is hard to resist U.S militaria when my cousins around me(who are members here) always find items at swap-meets I go home empty :ermm: because i collect German now i will collect both . :w00t: So here is my first buy sadly the tag has been ripped out and its salty . opinions welcome. ;)

post-11638-1287186825.jpg

post-11638-1287186835.jpg

post-11638-1287186854.jpg

post-11638-1287186860.jpg

post-11638-1287187148.jpg

Cousin!

Hows the leather? How much did you spend? Where'd you find it? I'm glad you're a bit more interested in US.

When can I see it? :naughty: :naughty:

PM me or tell Cris and he can tell me.

Cheers

PvtT

Nice jacket and price... 90 USD is not bad... I had to bid it also :)

the jacket look like M422a WW2.

G-1 jackets have USN pierced into the flap under the zipper...

good luck with Naval Aviation for sure it is better than Nazi stuff.

Regards,

Jerry K.

TheGermanCollector
Cousin!

Hows the leather? How much did you spend? Where'd you find it? I'm glad you're a bit more interested in US.

When can I see it? :naughty: :naughty:

PM me or tell Cris and he can tell me.

Cheers

PvtT

Thanks Owen, Nick and Jerry.

The leather is soft but, some parts are cracking . I found it were I find most of my items. and spent only 90.You can see it as soon as cris calls me back :lol:

Nice WW2 period Jacket. Personally, I'd invest in some good quality leather dressing, such as Pecard's, and give the jacket a liberal coating. This will serve to revive the leather and improve it's appearance greatly...as well as preserving it.

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

TheGermanCollector
Nice WW2 period Jacket. Personally, I'd invest in some good quality leather dressing, such as Pecard's, and give the jacket a liberal coating. This will serve to revive the leather and improve it's appearance greatly...as well as preserving it.

I thought the Policy was never use chemicals on items? wont it devalue it.

I thought the Policy was never use chemicals on items? wont it devalue it.

On the contrary. Old, dried up leather eventually cracks/splits. Applying leather dressing moisturises it and helps prolong its life and slows down further deterioration. I'm not sure I'd consider leather dressings as "chemicals" as they tend to comprise of natural materials such as lanolin and neatsfoot oil and beeswax etc. It's your call...but I know what I'd do!

On the contrary. Old, dried up leather eventually cracks/splits. Applying leather dressing moisturises it and helps prolong its life and slows down further deterioration. I'm not sure I'd consider leather dressings as "chemicals" as they tend to comprise of natural materials such as lanolin and neatsfoot oil and beeswax etc. It's your call...but I know what I'd do!

I agree, last time I checked leather dressing isn't considered chemicals. ;) It's ok cousin (germancollector), it seems to be more of an opinion if anything, you can talk it over with theletteropener and I. Great size by the way.

PvtT

Nice jacket and price... 90 USD is not bad... I had to bid it also :)

the jacket look like M422a WW2.

G-1 jackets have USN pierced into the flap under the zipper...

good luck with Naval Aviation for sure it is better than Nazi stuff.

Regards,

Jerry K.

Hello

Congratulations for your first US stuff!

This one may be a 50's era jacket. The USN was pierced on the zipper flap in the 60's versions. The white painted USN on collar is more from the 50's than the 40's I believe. The knits do not seem to be original nor the zipper. Who is the manufacturer of the zipper? Talon?

Franck