Jeeps & Other Military Vehicles

2ad82recon

Charlie Flick

Carryall_left_side.jpg

Hey Lloyd:

Well, I don't need much encouragement to put up a few more pics from that photo session about 5 years ago. Here are a few more.

I need to take some better pics and get some inside shots. It has a red oak floor in the rear as per the original spec. Not a spot of bondo or filler, all lead and metal. It won first place in the 3/4 ton class at the MVPA Show in Memphis a few years back, the only time I have ever put it into a show.

I will have to dig out the old pics of it (pre-digital when we used something called film). It was rescued from a field in the country, shot full of holes, rusted to hell and gone, and with a tree growing through the engine compartment. Wrong engine and tranny, seats gone, a real basket case.

Regards,

Charlie

Charlie Flick

Carryall_right_side.jpg

One more of the other side. She runs great and has only 900 miles on her since restored.

Charlie

I also have a WC51,and a '44 MB,too. I'm currently working on a WC4 1/2 ton Dodge. For something a bit more uncommon,here is one of my two BSA WD M20 motorcycles. This one is a 1944,the other is, of course,identical,but in a desert sand paint scheme.

post-148-1168397134.jpg

I actually am keeping an eye out - the problem is space \ money. I might be able to squeez it in but money is a bit tight... 2 kids, house...

John

Boyt ...nice looking M20 thumbsup.gif

Charlie..THAT IS STUNNING..what a great looking Carryall..the markings what do they represent ? think.gif

John...dont let any of them put you off..i had all those hurdles to cross with my very first MV once youve got one then you are on the road..then the Jeep came...after spending just over a year restoring it nearly every night and weekend...now its running smooth and looks good and turns heads..its suddenly become "HER" Jeep.....yet i dont remember changing the details on the owners log book..... ermm.gif

Must be my age ;)

Regards

Lloyd

Boyt ...nice looking M20 thumbsup.gif

Charlie..THAT IS STUNNING..what a great looking Carryall..the markings what do they represent ? think.gif

John...dont let any of them put you off..i had all those hurdles to cross with my very first MV once youve got one then you are on the road..then the Jeep came...after spending just over a year restoring it nearly every night and weekend...now its running smooth and looks good and turns heads..its suddenly become "HER" Jeep.....yet i dont remember changing the details on the owners log book..... ermm.gif

Must be my age ;)

Regards

Lloyd

Lloyd - I have the support of my two sons so its is 3 vs. 1. Now I just need to find the one... BTW I was once told that it can be better to buy one that has been professionally restored to save on some of the headaches... I know my BOSS would agree...

Are there any websites I should be watching to keep up on this part of the hobby?

John

Lloyd - I have the support of my two sons so its is 3 vs. 1. Now I just need to find the one... BTW I was once told that it can be better to buy one that has been professionally restored to save on some of the headaches... I know my BOSS would agree...

Are there any websites I should be watching to keep up on this part of the hobby?

John

So what sort of Vehicle are you after?

A Jeep or a Dodge WC are ideal starter vehicles...have you ascertained that yet John ?

Tell the boss.."she has made the right desiscion".......

Regards

Lloyd

Guest HellonwheelsV100

As soon as I learn how to post pics, I will post some of mine.

The current ones are:

M114A1E1 APC

M75 APC

V100 Commando Armored Car

Ferret Mk 2/3 Armored Car

Cad Gage Scout Armored Car

M37 Truck

M38A1 Jeep

Dave C

General Apathy
post-344-1168892558.jpgpost-344-1168892608.jpgHi Lloyd and everyone else in this post. Here are photos of my Ford GPW Jeep, photos taken in January and theres snow on the engine hood etc. I love using them for what they were intended. At one show a veteran of the Burma campaign was looking at my Jeep with his son around 30 years of age, the son wandered off and said dad come and look at this Jeep over here it looks like it just left the factory. Within five minutes the veteran was back and stood with weepy eyes and said ' If I close my eyes and remember, this is how we had them in the Burma jungle'. He then related a good memory to me, they didn't have any water bowsers, so they used ordinary Jeep trailers. Jeep trailers were built water-tight to float, so they used that idea in reverse and filled them with water, they then tied the canvas over the top to stop water spillage and off down the jungle trails they went. ( Lewis )

Johan Willaert
they didn't have any water bowsers, so they used ordinary Jeep trailers. Jeep trailers were built water-tight to float, so they used that idea in reverse and filled them with water,

So did these Germans at Beltring 2003..... :lol:

GermansAtBeltring2003.jpg

Johan

So what sort of Vehicle are you after?

A Jeep or a Dodge WC are ideal starter vehicles...have you ascertained that yet John ?

Tell the boss.."she has made the right desiscion".......

Regards

Lloyd

I have always wanted a jeep - do you recall a movie Kelly's Hero's? Well that was the movie that got me thinking that one day i would have one!

John

post-329-1169590863.jpgpost-329-1169590795.jpg

Here's my little contribution, Sorry to add a german vehicle on a US forum but I collect airborne and the vehicles they used were mainly captured.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Freyhaven

Hi all,

my Dodge WC54 Ambulance named Florence Fiona wants to say hello from Germany. The old Lady is born in 1943.

tinchen.jpg

Freyhaven

• 9 years later...

My 1944 Willys MB.

It's never been restored, just maintained for it's whole life. I'm the 3rd civilian owner, after it was used by the Navy at Bremerton, WA as a radio Jeep.

post-2617-0-79627600-1478553703_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

I'm usually at the Modeler's Forum, but I came across this vehicle on Rte 611N in Tannersville PA, and I had to take some pics and share them. It looks like it could use a little restoration but it was in front of an auto repair shop so who knows if its for sale. I hope you like it.

Semper Fi.

Manny

post-156853-0-07606400-1511308252_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-55712200-1511308271_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-89150700-1511308290_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-48266800-1511308310_thumb.jpg

M37, our unit in Vietnam had one with a 283 chevy from a M114. Dual exhaust, " Tops" vehicle, would do about 70! Unsure of what happened to it when we stood down. Problems with them are differentals, way to slow for driving around town.