USMC Camouflage Overall

Blackhawk

Hi!

I can get this overall. The seller want to have 80$ for it.

Is the price too high, or should I buy it?

Here the pictures.

Regards, Lukas

post-1610-1187355273.jpg

craig_pickrall

Lukas,

Welcome to the forum.

That camo coverall is actually an Army item but you do see them used by Marines.

That one seems a bit rough and faded to me. There should be elastic suspenders built into it also. Are they still there or cut out? You can get these in much better condition but it will also be much more expensive.

You are the only one that can judge whether it is a good fit for your collection at that price.

Thanks!

I'll ask if the suspenders are still in the coverall.

I know that this one isn't in best condition, but in austria and germany these things are very rare. It was only coincidence that I found this one, so I can't compare with other coveralls about the price, so I asked here.

Are these coveralls and other camo jackets often on ebay?

Lukas

These overalls are Army issue as stated and they are fairly common here in the US.

In my opinion the ones shown here are in very poor condition. I would wait and spend the money on a better set if possible.

They appear on eBay quite often and a good set usually goes for around 350 to 400 dollars US.

CB

Lukas,

Welcome to the forum.

That camo coverall is actually an Army item but you do see them used by Marines.

That one seems a bit rough and faded to me. There should be elastic suspenders built into it also. Are they still there or cut out? You can get these in much better condition but it will also be much more expensive.

You are the only one that can judge whether it is a good fit for your collection at that price.

Craig, I am in WV,far from my example back in the closet. My recollection is that the suspenders had no elastic in them -- at least I am pretty sure mine don't have any.

I wouls think these woud be pretty tough to find in Europe any more. I was also wondering if perhaps this is one of the camie coveralls made in Britain during the war. These are quite rare as I recal, and the colora/pattern are a bit different. If this is Brit made, it would be worth that price and far far more.

I know condition is key, but rarity can override.

Any thoughts?

G

Craig, I am in WV,far from my example back in the closet. My recollection is that the suspenders had no elastic in them -- at least I am pretty sure mine don't have any.

I wouls think these woud be pretty tough to find in Europe any more. I was also wondering if perhaps this is one of the camie coveralls made in Britain during the war. These are quite rare as I recal, and the colora/pattern are a bit different. If this is Brit made, it would be worth that price and far far more.

I know condition is key, but rarity can override.

Any thoughts?

G

Yes, the suspenders are light webbing with adjustment buckles in the front. Another thing I noticed are the 13 star snaps. Mine has plain snaps and so had the others I have seen.

Ray

How can I find out if the coverall was produced in britain?

and how is the camouflage color different to the US?

Lukas