A5 container ( drop cotainer )

EasyRed1944

Hi All,

I find this site quite useful as a rapid aide memoire for parachute containers. It's in French, but the images are good.

Les containers et paquets parachutés à la Résistance

Incidentally, I have two A-5 type containers, one with the standard blanket and canvas roll, the other with the multiple Griswold bags sewn together (Glen may remember me buying this one at Stoneleigh UK as a left over from the Band of Brothers set).

The multiple Griswold bags, are they actually a wartime item, or were they fabricated post war? It seems an awful waste of griswold bags, and they don't leave much room in the end caps for supplies when rolled up.

Best Regards,

Prof

The griswold padding is definately original WW2 used , also blankets...basically everything they could find that was shock-absorbing.

The website is a good one, for mainly the A5 pack...but fur stuff like parachutepacks , and other items...its poor detailed.

It would be sweet if members would post their A5 material , maybe its good for reference (?).

Hmm,

just checked out that site. That guy is using my pictures, wich I posted on this site a few years ago, without permission. I guess I should adress that.

You can check it here;

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...3617&hl=a-5

Edit; If someone can PM me this guys email adress, I'd appreciate it, because I can't use the link on the site, it gives me an error. Thx!

Regards,

Stijn

hello

from other tread

cover us made but padding is french made , around 150 A5 surplussed by french army in my area since 1995 , most cover us made , little french made , padding griswold bag 25% , us made 10% , french made %65

post-132-1174231002.jpg

l have us made with part number , post pic later

olivier