SOS 24-27 February 2011 Louisville, Kentucky Expo Center

firebird_one

Brian Dentino

Since this will be my first all militaria show....how will I know how to ID other members? I will be wearing a Notre Dame ball cap, but so will X number of others.....I really am looking forward to meeting some of the names on the forum there.....but who is who? :think:

Always looking for 325th G.I.R. and WWII USMC items!

.........I really am looking forward to meeting some of the names on the forum there.....but who is who? :think:

Brian,

I'll be easy to spot :unsure: ..........I'm the one who WON'T be there !

I'm broke! :w00t:

**PLEASE NOTE: THIS COMMUNITY MEMBER HAS SADLY PASSED AWAY**

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/301020-robin-ray/

I've had my room paid for since September, I plan on being there for three days.

Looking for original photos and other items from the First World War US 77th Infantry Division.

Also interested in BAR and M1917A1 BMG related items.

Brian Dentino
Brian,

I'll be easy to spot :unsure: ..........I'm the one who WON'T be there !

I'm broke! :w00t:

I'm trying to get un-broke before I go....but I hear ya screaming! You will be one that I won't even look for then, JS!!!!! :w00t:

Always looking for 325th G.I.R. and WWII USMC items!

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of Enterprise rent a car locations have a $9.99 weekend rate for Fri-Monday over the weekend for the show...

https://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/deepl...ECIAL%20ESWSRTB

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

sos_logo_lg.jpg

"Show of Shows" International Militaria Show, 1 of 3 Annual events put on by the membership!

Over 1622 tables with resevations sold out with a long waitinglist of venders. more revealed on the website

OhioValleyMilitarySociety.jpg

Thx and God Speed!

Sgt (ret) Dan Perry, Hvy SP FA, Ordnance/Turret Mech 45D-2, M110A2 8' 203 mm Cold Steel On Target!

Son of a 517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team Paratrooper!

In memorial of my Father, Cpl Floyd R. Perry, served Sept 42-Sept 45, MP, Infantryman, Hvy Mortar Crewman, Paratrooper!

Purple Heart w/1 oak leaf cluster; Bronze Star with/V device; EAME w/1 Silver Star, 1 Bronze Star, 2 Parachute Invasion Arrowheads; Good Conduct; Occupation Germany Medal; American Campaign Medal; WW II Victory Medal; Combat Infantrman Badge earned in Southern France; Paratrooper Wings w/ 2 Bronze Stars; Presidential Distinguished Unit Citation w/1 oak leaf Cluster, French Croix De Guerre w/Silver Gilt Star; Belgian Croix De Guerre; Belgian Fouragere; www.517prct.org www.wwiiadt.org

I hope to be there. Will be my first time!

Paul Bishop

----------------

http://www.modernforces.com

MACV-SOG Living History Group

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell

donation2013.gif

Since this will be my first all militaria show....how will I know how to ID other members? I will be wearing a Notre Dame ball cap, but so will X number of others.....I really am looking forward to meeting some of the names on the forum there.....but who is who? :think:

Brian,

I don't know about anyone else, but I printed off a USMF logo and made a badge out of it. I'll be wearing it proudly along with my OVMS badge. I am at tables Q38 - 40 if you want to drop by and say hello. Sgt Dorango (another forum member) will be set up with me.

Only 16 days until SoS dealer badge pickup!!!

See you there.

Tom K

Tom K
USMC (VMFA-115) 90 - 96
ASMIC Member
OVMS member (ready for my 16th SOS in 2019)

donation2016.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2012.gif

Somewhere buried in this site is a USMF do-it-yourself name badge......maybe a mod can find it and link it to this thread?

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Always interested in the 166th Infantry, 42nd Division, A.E.F.

Quality WW1 studio portraits and real photo postcards of Distinguished Service Cross recipients; showing steel helmets; or other interesting content.

Tell me about it! So you gonna give out free T-shirts? I know you could use some East Coast advertising... Ha. Hope to see all you guys there! Is the wifey making it down this time?

Come on, we aren't that hard to find are we???

This year our tables are R 31-32-33, 44-50. Ten tables, just look for us wearing the Vintage Productions t-shirts......

But, now finding me actually behind the tables and not running around trying to buy Stuff is another story....

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

"Bullets make the best goodbyes. The more people I meet, the more bullets I need."

This show is gonna be great ...............

there shall be a couple of surprises in store to include .......war stuff ......more war stuff .....some friends ....all having a fun time .

playing with war stuff .........

and some great new cammo .

well, It seems like many of us here are going to be there. I really hope I find a lot of good Vietnam era stuff to fill my last gaps in my collection. Loooking forward to be there. :thumbsup:

Ken From Sweden.

TCB

www.freewebs.com/firebird_one/

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

A lot of Enterprise rent a car locations have a $9.99 weekend rate for Fri-Monday over the weekend for the show...

https://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/deepl...ECIAL%20ESWSRTB

This offer is not good at the airport location;just checked it out. Their rates were the best at the airport of any of the other rental companies. Mort

Will hopefully be my third year. I'm hoping I can find a 104th Infantry Division group or a nice 11th AB Ike.-Ben

Looking for any WWII 104th "Timberwolf" Division items.

Including items from the 413th, 414th, and 415th Infantry Regiments 104th Recon Troop, 329th Engineer Battalion, 329th Medical Battalion

385th, 386th, 387th, and 929th Field Artillery Battalions 804th Ordnance Company 104th Quartermaster Company 104th Signal Company

555th Anti-Aircraft Battalion, 750th Tank Battalion 692nd Tank Destroyer Battalion 817th Tank Destroyer Battalion

donation2014.gif

I have been packing for the last four days and almost done. I should have my usual block of six tables M1-6 with a lot of "stuff". For the past four years I have experimented with a half price sale on Saturday with two of my six tables. Each year this has been a success and shoppers get a lot of great deals. Those who have been at my spot know what I am referring to. So once again, this year the half price sale will be on first thing Saturday morning. I don't just put a few things on these two eight foot tables, I LOAD THEM UP ! ....... So stop on by.

I'll be there Thurs-Sat. Always a good time and worth the drive!

Always interested in buying Vietnam-era Air Force, Army helicopter units, and Illinois veteran items.

Looking for items identified to Captain Charles M. Porter, Company C, 131st Infantry, 33rd Division AEF.

donation2013.gif

I have made all the travel plans and will be walking the show floor Thursday afternoon and all day Friday. If anybody wants to say hi, I will be carrying a cloth tote bag with this prominantly displayed on the side of the bag.

See You There!!

Bob

post-299-1297733185.jpg

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his country" George Pattons speech to the Third Army.

donation2008.gif

I have made all the travel plans and will be walking the show floor Thursday afternoon and all day Friday. If anybody wants to say hi, I will be carrying a cloth tote bag with this prominantly displayed on the side of the bag.

See You There!!

Bob

Good call! I'll print out the same one (just change the name) and affix it to my backpack...always wondered what the best way would be to get this seen!

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

Dave, I laminated my sign in plastic and just cable tie it to the handles of my tote bag. Simple and durable.

Bob

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his country" George Pattons speech to the Third Army.

donation2008.gif

blitzkrieg gsd

I cant wait since Louisville is my home i cant miss it. Hope you guys bring out some nice ww2 stuff tunics for sure. I got a little money burning a hole in my pocket put i am going to keep it for the show. So please bring some nice us uniforms i want to bring a new one home this year. See all you guys there,by the way i will be one of the few guys im sure in a jordan track suit. Also i think the carl casper custom auto show is on the same weekend if any of you guys like custom cars its all ways a good show. I have to take my lady and her sister to car show saturday nite so i will be at show all day saturday.