SOS 24-27 February 2011 Louisville, Kentucky Expo Center

I missed it last year and will again this year (I am in Afghanistan), but for the 2012 show, when do I need to apply to get a table or two? I have been a couple times to buy, but would like to buy and sell next time I go. Thanks!

Justin

You are going to miss this year again? I was so hoping to sell you a few hundred pounds of clothing, again ! As to when to apply for tables, I think if you contacted OVMS directly they could best answer your question.

http://www.sosovms.com/

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to get a table, you should send your money in NOW for 2012. Dealers at the show have to sign up for the next year during the show, or else you lose your tables. The waiting list is usually 400+ long.

Every year some will get in off the waiting list, but if you send it in now, you will be near the top of the list and increase your chances. That's my recommendation.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Always interested in the 166th Infantry, 42nd Division, A.E.F.

Quality WW1 studio portraits and real photo postcards of Distinguished Service Cross recipients; showing steel helmets; or other interesting content.

I need an opinion - is it worth joining the Ohio Valley Military Society for $40 just to be able to get in to the Show of Shows a day early on Thursday? Are the majority of dealers set up on Thursday to make it worth while? Thanks in advance.

The majority will be there on Thursday but it doesn't matter as you wont see it all anyway. Your feet will start to hurt before that but you won't care because you will be in awe by the amount of "stuff" you will see. :w00t: The 40.00 is probably the best/cheapest "early in" you will ever find. :thumbsup:

Decided I'm gonna be there sometime Friday late morning and all day Saturday.......gotta make it to a real militaria show sooner or later. Room is booked and ready to roll! :thumbsup: It will be great to meet some of you "regulars" here in person. I'll be the fat, hairy, and balding (thanks to my 3 youngsters) one! :lol::lol: Should narrow it down.......right? :laughing1: :dunno: :think:

Always looking for 325th G.I.R. and WWII USMC items!
donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

You are going to miss this year again? I was so hoping to sell you a few hundred pounds of clothing, again ! As to when to apply for tables, I think if you contacted OVMS directly they could best answer your question.

http://www.sosovms.com/

I was hoping to buy that much too! I'll have to keep ebaying for now I suppose and pick everything up again upon my return.

Ebay Sales: wwii.uniform.collector

Auctioneer Website: http://www.cnymilitaria.com

Facebook Sales Group

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

I need an opinion - is it worth joining the Ohio Valley Military Society for $40 just to be able to get in to the Show of Shows a day early on Thursday? Are the majority of dealers set up on Thursday to make it worth while? Thanks in advance.

You get a cool looking name badge too...can't beat that! :thumbsup:

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

As everyone has stated the $40 membership fee is money well spent. Getting in on Thursday is great, you start walking the show and keep walking and as mentioned you still never get to see everything. I have to use visual reference points in the hall so when I get tired of walking and go sit down for a while I know where to begin walking again. I have run full marathons before and I swear I am more exhausted after walking this show over and over than completing a run.

donation2017.gif

We normally get there on Thursday and start walking and browsing. By the end of the day, we are normally about 3/4th's of the way through. Even at that we dont get to look close at a lot of the tables. Over the years you get to know people along the way who will let you sit and rest at their tables (collapse points) for a few minutes. Then the trek continues until closing and they throw you out. You never see it all as there is so much variety and volume.

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I will be there airlines permitting !

!!!! WANTED !!!!

WWII Prisoner of War items : Medals, Mail, Diaries, Photos, Documents, Scrapbooks + More

WWII Naval Aviation Groupings : Medals, Documents, Scrapbooks, Photos, Flight Logs, Flight Jackets + More

I will also be there again with my usual number of tables, Isle J all the way on the right end of the show as you walk in. I always have an extra chair if any of you need a place to rest your feet for awhile. I can only walk about half of the show before I need to sit down and rest my feet.

Also bring along a small notebook or use your show program to mark tables of interest if you want to return to look something over. Every show I make the same mistake and see something I like and fail to buy it right away, then try and find the same table again is impossible. Also if you don't like the dealers prices, ask if they will take less. If they want to sell something many times they will. Just don't ask a dealer to come way down on the day of setup. See you there, Jeff

[Fine figure of a man yes, great hunter yes, great fisherman yes, that's all you need to know for now] Jeremiah Johnson!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

All booked and paid for..2nd show for mrs bigjoe and me..cant wait.

Dang Joe, you reckon I could fit in your suitcase?! :lol:

Maybe see you at Stoneleigh,

All the best

Will

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

VIETNAM - CAMOUFLAGE / SF / 'IN-COUNTRY' ITEMS.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

hi will... fit in my suitcase...nah mate need all the room for my new militaria that im hoping to find...plus mrs bigjoe dont travel light bud...give us a call before Stoneleigh will...

regards joe

:lol:

Thought it was worth a try! Have a great time at the show, I'm sure you will.

I'll give you a shout before Stoneleigh mate

Will

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

VIETNAM - CAMOUFLAGE / SF / 'IN-COUNTRY' ITEMS.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

I will also be there again. In my same place. Bringing a few grouping.

See you Guys there

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Collecting Marine Raider Groups

On the battlefield, Pfc Edward Ahrens, an Able Company BAR man, lay dying, soaked in his own blood.

As his company commander, Lew Walt cradled him in his arms, he surveyed the scene around them. Nearby lay a Japanese officer, a sergeant, and thirteen enlisted men, all dead. Ahrens had been shot twice in the chest and bayoneted three times. He whispered to Walt, "Captain, they tried to come over me last night, but I don't think they made it." Choking back tears, Walt replied softly, "They didn't, Eddy. They didn't."

I will be walking the show, looking for good stuff. I will be setup at the Gun Show next door Friday and Saturday. I do not know where my table is going to be yet though. I am bringing a bunch of REAL GOOD M3's for sale.

I'll be there at the SoS, and an M3 or two is definitely on my shopping list for this year.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. Thomas Jefferson

We will be there with our 4 tables in Row P (hopefully if they didn't move us) we are usually across for A/B guru Dudley C. and next to Jack Sweeney from MN. Please stop by & say "hi"

I am bringing sveral cams & a laptop so I will certanly post pics for those who can't go.

But if you can swing it, its like the holy land of militaria....

Oh and you have to stop by the Veterans tables, and get some ice cream while your back there. (and feel free to bring me one! It's great~!)

Mr.JERRY
Collector of WWI & WWII Home Front Flags, Unit Flags & Guidons,US & German helmets, insignia, uniforms, medals,

Women's Military Uniforms,Wisconsin Vocational School made Fighting Knives.

Military Shop Owner & Dealer in everything else~!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Check out our Facebook page for updates and the latest Shop news!:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Collectibles-Shop/171226792906875
Visit our website (and visit our shop if you are ever near Milwaukee, WI USA)
http://www.militarycollectorsHQ.com

See what Mr.Jerry has on eBay this week:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.jerry/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1

14th year in a row for me. I have only one table but lots of good stuff. Look for the olive green table cloth with a large 82nd and large 101 patch on the skirt. We are in the back left corner. On the row right behind the guy with all the war videos.

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Come on, we aren't that hard to find are we???

This year our tables are R 31-32-33, 44-50. Ten tables, just look for us wearing the Vintage Productions t-shirts......

But, now finding me actually behind the tables and not running around trying to buy Stuff is another story....

www.vintageproductions.com

"A militaria show is a social event for anti-socials" - A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President