1930 aviator photo

mshaw

I picked this photo up today. His name is Kenneth Riley and it is dated 1930. Is he an Air Corps aviator or a civilian? If he was in the Air Corps, does anyone have any information on him. I haven't been able to find anything. The label was applied by someone else long ago. Thanks!

post-4502-1286670132.jpg

I picked this photo up today. His name is Kenneth Riley and it is dated 1930. Is he an Air Corps aviator or a civilian? If he was in the Air Corps, does anyone have any information on him. I haven't been able to find anything. The label was applied by someone else long ago. Thanks!

post-4502-1286670132.jpg

If you wanted to invest the time, crop the patch and show it to ASMIC. Chances are they've seen it, civilian or military.

• 11 months later...

The antique dealer from whom I purchased this photo found the ID disc that was nailed to the frame and gave it to me. The disc reads "Lt. Kenneth Riley - U.S. Air Corps - San Diego, Calif. The picture was taken in 1930. Does anyone know where I might find more information on Kenneth? Any help is appreciated!

Some negative help - I have a book published in 1932 that lists all AC primary flying school graduates between September 1922 and October 1932. There are two Rileys on the roster, but neither is a "Kenneth".

RILEY, B.C., Jr. - Flying Cadet - Brooks Field - March 1928

RILEY, R.S. - Flying Cadet - Brooks Field - July 1929