Plastic pin

AndrewA74

Allright,

Got this at a local antique store for free. It's Celluloide (Platic, but used in the 40's + 50's) and it's a pin. The pin is a safety pin. This thing is amystery. HELP!!!!

Andrew

post-889-1187308225.jpg

Looks to be a premium like we used to get in a box of Cracker Jacks or cereal. Anybody over about 50 will remember this type of prize that could come in several different products of the 40's & 50's. A neat homefront item for sure! thumbsup.gif

According to me this is an post WWI pin, for veterans.

Maybe late '20ies-early 1930ies.

But that's just my gut feeling. :lol:

Sofie

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would say this is a WWII sweetheart pin. Due to metal shortages there was a shift from metal pins by some companies to plastic, bakelite and leather. I have included a photo of a case of pins below that are all WWII except one. You will note the RPH pin in the center is leather and several others including the large plane are plastic. There is also a soldier pin (11 oclock from the RPH pin) that shows the WWI style helmet which was often used on Sweetheart Jewelry in WWII since most of our soldiers were still wearing them when the war started.

Jim

post-1908-1194911160.jpg

• 1 year later...

Excellent memory spotting that a year later. I have as well seen similar items attached to pins like this in the 40s era since then including a To Hell with Hitler with a gun attached and an FDR with a donkey attached.