Aid Pouches 20th Century

Pep

After some time now I think I have completed a basic collection of pouches used to carry bandages in the 20th Century.

There are some variations missing like the "pointy" flap JQMD 1942 and possibly others depending on the point of view.

Any way this layout is in pattern dated order as far as I can gather from reading. You will note the M1907 hook on the M1904 pouch.

I need to find the original type used on that one in 1904. As always your comments are welcome...

post-2260-1286544753.jpg

There are some nice pieces here. Would you consider the Jungle first aid kit to be worthy of inclusion?

Allan

I have not gotten into the Jungle kits. I consider them a separate category though, due to the specific nature of the kit.

I did not include the USMC types(like the M1911) either. There are three of those, but again they are specific to the USMC.

And I only have one of those three types. I sure do not mean to place any less importance on those models I did not list here.

thanks for your comment.

Any "BritishMade" pouches in your collection? I have one, dated 44 I think.

Hi Doc, thanks for asking.

Nope, I consider them separate from this collection since they were made in the UK.

The pattern is the same except for the snap and mfg. markings if I remember correctly.

The stuff I show here is just US made. Mostly RIA, with some JQMD and US contract models.

I may need to step out and start with the UK contracts.

For now I have to concentrate on some specific items to close out some open collections I have now.

Pep

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Doc, thanks for asking.

Nope, I consider them separate from this collection since they were made in the UK.

The pattern is the same except for the snap and mfg. markings if I remember correctly.

The stuff I show here is just US made. Mostly RIA, with some JQMD and US contract models.

I may need to step out and start with the UK contracts.

For now I have to concentrate on some specific items to close out some open collections I have now.

Pep

Got one if you ever need one. Though I collect medical gear, I lean more towards gear of the medics and corpsman. Picked it up a while back.