8th Air Force Grouping

AndrewA74

If the coat has any of his serial number in the laundry mark, you may be able to cross reference Dermot Hedrick with the National Archives Access page. The are 751 Hedricks in the WWII database, but only 1 Dermot C. Hedrick (although there is another Dermot Q. Hedrick) ASN #34303673. The needle in a haystack is always the challenge and fun for researchers.

Ken

If the coat has any of his serial number in the laundry mark, you may be able to cross reference Dermot Hedrick with the National Archives Access page. The are 751 Hedricks in the WWII database, but only 1 Dermot C. Hedrick (although there is another Dermot Q. Hedrick) ASN #34303673. The needle in a haystack is always the challenge and fun for researchers.

Ken

It has a laundry #, but as of now, I cannot get to the uniforms...later though! Thanks!!!!

Andrew

It has a laundry #, but as of now, I cannot get to the uniforms...later though! Thanks!!!!

Andrew

Name: Dermot Q Hedrick

Birth Year: 1917

Race: White, citizen (White)

Nativity State or Country: North Carolina

State: Georgia

County or City: Dougherty

Enlistment Date: 3 Jun 1941

Enlistment State: Alabama

Enlistment City: Maxwell Field Montgomery

Branch: Air Corps

Branch Code: Air Corps

Grade: Private

Grade Code: Private

Component: Regular Army (including Officers, Nurses, Warrant Officers, and Enlisted Men)

Source: Civil Life

Education: 2 years of college

Civil Occupation: Addressing-Embossing Machine Operator or Clerk, General

Marital Status: Single, without dependents

Height: 74

Weight: 153

Name: Dermot Q Hedrick

Birth Year: 1917

Race: White, citizen (White)

Nativity State or Country: North Carolina

State: Georgia

County or City: Dougherty

Enlistment Date: 3 Jun 1941

Enlistment State: Alabama

Enlistment City: Maxwell Field Montgomery

Branch: Air Corps

Branch Code: Air Corps

Grade: Private

Grade Code: Private

Component: Regular Army (including Officers, Nurses, Warrant Officers, and Enlisted Men)

Source: Civil Life

Education: 2 years of college

Civil Occupation: Addressing-Embossing Machine Operator or Clerk, General

Marital Status: Single, without dependents

Height: 74

Weight: 153

I still have no idea that this is him. Can anyone give me a POSITIVE ID?

Andrew

Thanks for the research. thumbsup.gif

I still have no idea that this is him. Can anyone give me a POSITIVE ID?

Andrew

Thanks for the research. thumbsup.gif

How did you get the name "Dermot" in the first place? DERMOT Q rose to Master Sgt, which doesn't jive with your photo.

ALBANY — Mr. Dermot Quincy (DQ) Hedrick, 88, a longtime resident of Albany, died Sunday, September 18, 2005, at Alabaster Healthcare Center in Alabaster, Alabama.

The funeral will be held at 1 PM Wednesday, September 21, 2005, at Kimbrell-Stern Funeral Home in Albany, GA. The Rev. Sinclair Lewis will officiate.

Mr. Hedrick attended schools in Albany and nearby Leesburg, graduating from Leesburg HS in 1936. After graduation from South Georgia College in Douglas, and a year at Duke University in North Carolina, he joined the Air Force, was stationed locally at Turner Air Force Base, rising to the rank of Master Sergeant, and served as an aid-de-camp during World War II.

How did you get the name "Dermot" in the first place? DERMOT Q rose to Master Sgt, which doesn't jive with your photo.

ALBANY — Mr. Dermot Quincy (DQ) Hedrick, 88, a longtime resident of Albany, died Sunday, September 18, 2005, at Alabaster Healthcare Center in Alabaster, Alabama.

The funeral will be held at 1 PM Wednesday, September 21, 2005, at Kimbrell-Stern Funeral Home in Albany, GA. The Rev. Sinclair Lewis will officiate.

Mr. Hedrick attended schools in Albany and nearby Leesburg, graduating from Leesburg HS in 1936. After graduation from South Georgia College in Douglas, and a year at Duke University in North Carolina, he joined the Air Force, was stationed locally at Turner Air Force Base, rising to the rank of Master Sergeant, and served as an aid-de-camp during World War II.

I got it from the same town bought the uniform in (according to where I looked), same last name...just really took a long shot...

Andrew