Patched today

hawkdriver

Today, we finally got approval for the unit to "combat patch" ourselves. Ended up getting the 3rd ACR, looks good on the arm. Hopefully before we leave, we will have the 1st Infantry as well, that one I'm really looking forward to.

Now you need to find 15 variations of the same patch and make sure you wear each one of them at least once!

Now you need to find 15 variations of the same patch and make sure you wear each one of them at least once!

Congratulations Steve,I am very proud of it!

By the way,as Gill points out,you should wear each one of them at least once in front of a CAMERA so its originality for the future collectors will be 100% confirmed!!

We never had a "Patching" ceremony in Afghanistan. At guard mount they handed us our SETAF patches, then later our 10th Mtn Patches. Just a here you go, have fun. Then we were told to take off our 10th Mtn patches and wear the ISAF patch (no-one wanted to, but that was decreed from on high) and we never got the NATO medal either....

And take photos of yourself wearing each variation!

Quick funny story about this. When we were picking the patches up from the 3rd ACR supply room, as we were leaving, the PFC said, "Have a brave rifles day" I stopped and asked him if he had to say that and he replied that he was in a good mood and wanted to say it. I asked what he said when he was in a bad mood, he replied that if he told me to "Have a saber day", it meant that he was not happy or he doesn't like you and a saber day meant he would cut you if he could. Then he said, "Have a brave rifles day" again and I left before he changed his mind and said a saber day.

Quick funny story about this. When we were picking the patches up from the 3rd ACR supply room, as we were leaving, the PFC said, "Have a brave rifles day" I stopped and asked him if he had to say that and he replied that he was in a good mood and wanted to say it. I asked what he said when he was in a bad mood, he replied that if he told me to "Have a saber day", it meant that he was not happy or he doesn't like you and a saber day meant he would cut you if he could. Then he said, "Have a brave rifles day" again and I left before he changed his mind and said a saber day.

You must be around 2nd Squadron then?

You must be around 2nd Squadron then?

You know, I haven't asked. Nice enough guys, but I try to stay away as much as I can and not draw attention. As soon as they know you aren't really Cav, the attitudes come out.

You know, I haven't asked. Nice enough guys, but I try to stay away as much as I can and not draw attention. As soon as they know you aren't really Cav, the attitudes come out.

Meh, they'll get over it. Or return the attitude, and tell them that if they aren't a 19D CAVALRY Scout, they aren't real Cav either, so STFU. That used to either shut someone up or get them even more pissed off. :P