WW2 Econo lead EGA's

usmc-collector

I found these EGAs this past weekend. There is one pair that is made out of a very strange material. The pattern is very rough. I was wondering if someone could please help me to know what these are.

Thanks in advance for any help...Kat

This is all of my finds

egas2.JPG

shrapneldude
If so, they may be the roughest pair ever seen on the forum. This link shows the usual Econo lead models: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=8896

You posted that link twice.

I still say these look similar, but I'm not an expert on EGAs. Just my immediate reaction / opinion. Wouldn't be the first time someone on here has proven me wrong. :D These look a lot like some of the lead jobs posted on your link there. Not an exact match to any, but still, similar construction.

teufelhunde.ret
These look a lot like some of the lead jobs posted on your link there. Not an exact match to any, but still, similar construction.

Agree, I've seldom seen these in a pair. While not rare in any sense, certainly uncommon to see. As others have said, perhaps the most crude construction of any of the "econo" or "lead" varities in any of the four threads in the EGA Ref. Sec.

Would love to know who and where these gems were made... someday?

Thanks Kat for sharing these with us - will be a welcomed addition to the ref. sec. thread! s/f D.

• 11 months later...

I just got these Marine WW2 Dress Blues Collar EGA's that are made of lead, still on the original card that says Made in U.S.A., Anyone seen these before?

post-8303-1329859636.jpg

• 1 month later...
I just got these Marine WW2 Dress Blues Collar EGA's that are made of lead, still on the original card that says Made in U.S.A., Anyone seen these before?

have had a couple of different sets on this card, different varients, both cover and collar