Even more Theatre Made patches by Hawkdriver

hawkdriver

Well, y'all ain't going to believe this. I have been sent to one of our outlying FOBs for a few weeks to cover down on a vacancy and while cruising through the PX area, I found alterations, I came across this. I know some of you are going to faint when you see this. And this is just the SSI, I will have to do another thread on the unit patches and other non SSI.

9ghnwj.jpg

2my6pfm.jpg

mjv40z.jpg

v4x8ix.jpg

11cfjol.jpg

Love that Power Point tab, lol. Wish I could get one. GREAT patches (and great oportunity to become one of the leading future authorities in OIF/OEF patches).

44th Med Bde with an attached Airborne tab? That's a curious one.

Picked up a set of blues and greens to a med capt earlier this year with that patch combo.. Thought the same thing myself.

Fins...

excellent! The Kenny (South Park) patch is the best. Get 'em, wear them in-theater, photograph them as evdence and 50 years from now they'll pay your kids' mortgage.

Seriously-

My Dad bought some of the joke german-style cuff bands in Saigon in 1968 and sewed one on his jungle jacket (which he still uses for fishing). The photos alone are worth @ $50 these days. The last time I took them into a gun fair people flipped out.

Thanks to all that participated in the first patch round up. The Hajji shop guys didn't believe me when I told them that I was going to be buying a lot of patches. When I walked in with my computer, they had a weird look on their faces. I laid out all seven order tickets and then went to town. When I walked out of there, after dropping over $300, they were smiles from ear to ear. The head guy shook my hand and told me I was his friend. I'm guessing that they closed down shop, slaughtered a goat and wasted the rest of the day away in a turkish coffee stupor!

I'm guessing that they closed down shop, slaughtered a goat and wasted the rest of the day away in a turkish coffee stupor!

That's what I plan on doing when the patches arrive! :D Thanks again. Next time tell him if he is your friend he should make you some Multi-National Corps, Iraq patches for us and give you a few free for your own use.

By the way here is the last batch of patches Steve sent me. I'm still trying to figure out what the green 82nd patch was made to be worn on...

5043937443_431349378e_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
excellent! The Kenny (South Park) patch is the best. Get 'em, wear them in-theater, photograph them as evdence and 50 years from now they'll pay your kids' mortgage.

Seriously-

My Dad bought some of the joke german-style cuff bands in Saigon in 1968 and sewed one on his jungle jacket (which he still uses for fishing). The photos alone are worth @ $50 these days. The last time I took them into a gun fair people flipped out.

I've got Kenny pinned to my bulletin board over my desk!!

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone else is wanting these patches, now is the time to put your order in, I will be making another run on Tuedsay.

I received my theater made patches from Hawkdriver yesterday. I just want to say "DANKE!" for the opportunity to get these directly from where they were made and worn Thanks again for taking the time and getting great patches for us. I really appreciate your support! :thumbsup:

Lars

Everyone, you are welcome. For those that waited for a better price, sale, or for whatever reason, unfortunately, I have to close the offer now. I only have a week left here and have been put on continuous duty until I leave, so I won't get a chance to go back and pick up anymore patches.

Now we will have to wait until I get back from leave and see where they send me next. Until then,

Hawkdriver.

Received my patch order today and am 100% satisfied. Can't wait to see what Hawkdriver comes across at his next stop.

Thanks for taking the time to do this for us!

Steve

The Hawkdriver provides! These came this last week... I waited for a quiet moment to open them...

It was hard to tell the difference from the photos between these and standard US made patches but when seen in person, these are just funky. They look to be thinner than US made patches and the thread is a very shiny synthetic.

I am not sure exactly how they worked these, but the designs are fairly well rendered. However if you look closely, you will see that here and there an angle is off or the one side of a shield is slightly longer than another. This is going to be hours of fun looking these over (you have to be a patch collector to understand!) Check out the dragon on the XVIII Airborne Corps!

I told Steve when he first showed these photos this was like being a kid in a candy store. It's unfortunate the tabs were priced so high as that was a great selection. But I am quite happy to get this selection of patches. I've been scouring eBay and you really do not see major unit patches priced much lower.

Part of the higher cost is that most of them are already mounted on velcro and ready to wear. I wonder how these would have stood up to normal wear and tear.

The funniest thing to me was to see the package with standard US postal customs and postage markings... from an FOB in the middle of Iraq!

Thank you sir! Very much appreciated.

AA_send_1.jpg

AA_send_2.jpg

Thanks Gil. The post offices over here are run by the military and are basically mini representations of the US, right down to the machines.

As for the patches, Gil is correct, definitely thinner. Also, I must appologize that I once said that most of these were marrow edged, but most now are cut edge and I think that maybe they were that way to begin with and my eyes are not what they used to be.

Now for the secret. Sigma9r had me get a patch made for him, so I took a picture of the patch in for them to make it off of. When the patches were picked up, the paper came back. What the guy told me was that they will take the picture and produce little pin holes and then blow chalk dust across the holes and produces the base material and then they go to town by hand. Here is a pictrue of the drawing and the aftermath. My friends, that is talent.

2hycm7p.jpg