Jump to content

Show Your PASGT!!!


Longbranch
 Share

Recommended Posts

Manufacture: Gibraltar Industries

Size: Large

Contract number is hard to read due to scratches but looks like 83 or 93 date. Yard sale find couple years back.

 

 

20220128_162405.jpg

20220128_162030.jpg

20220128_161938.jpg

20220128_162301.jpg

20220128_161910.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2nd K-Pot issued to me when I got back to Germany. (Guess the Army figured I needed two helmets) Two things about this helmet. First, the pin on rank kept falling off so I took a sharpie and drew the rank on. No ever called me out on it. Second, like the first K-Pot I hardly ever wore this one, being the ALSE guy I grabbed a spare TPL (helmet liner for the flight helmets) and used that as the liner. Way more comfortable.

K2-1.jpeg

K2-2.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
TheCarDemotic

Here is one I pieced together. It’s a 1983 Contracted 1984 production Devils Lake. The cover is 1998 contract and has a SGT rank sewn on underneath the rhino mount. The band also interestingly is marked “SGT Rodgers”.

 

I am very glad I managed to find an early rhino arm for a reasonable price Airsofters seem to have inflated the market  431BF6B7-3316-4ACD-9AA8-86CCEBEAD40C.jpeg.d35649832c41841d7b60888b25603c61.jpeg6DCC4B84-449D-4CAF-8C6B-DB3D4B06F48A.jpeg.77bac18147e8623882aa25b1ec024ff9.jpeg3010328C-8D54-4D77-8B5C-C53CD63308EB.jpeg.1a9c05c2bf28fbfdabbfc19daa36caf7.jpegF20F41BE-3CF0-4873-8DA5-D8BDF854B051.jpeg.34fa60d82f5b7df3270bb53afe3a1ec9.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCarDemotic

Here is my only other complete PASGT helmet. I have one more blank one that I am figuring out how I want to display.

 

This one is a 1983 Contract 1983 Production Gentex. The cover is 1983 contract. It is fully set up for airborne operations with retention straps and an early square notched parachutist pad. 
 

Also pictured on it is my MILES sensor band. Always love seeing reactions of former service members when I show them the MILES. Seems there is a universal hatred for the poorly implemented system.61CBC7F2-D228-4797-A349-05A433C25517.jpeg.e25882f86bb23341be3ad4ad8ad5b155.jpeg506C2943-6224-4E57-B860-3239BDF433D5.jpeg.d102355554ff876cb7f6240a9252d2f3.jpeg0ED5621C-02A9-4C1C-B4A5-C4C209593F8E.jpeg.7c7e7a8af43bacf5bdd56c2bb357ff16.jpegE301B04B-88C1-4C6D-8733-BE4B46DD157E.jpeg.233b21a64fea206f86216b2bedd07de1.jpeg8D6165CC-9E27-40B8-A44B-E8AFF9D14827.jpeg.7de961cd9b947f9c889b5de723898d56.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

USMC_COLLECTOR

With the miles band it looks like a colonial marine helmet from Alien.

2 minutes ago, TheCarDemotic said:

Here is my only other complete PASGT helmet. I have one more blank one that I am figuring out how I want to display.

 

This one is a 1983 Contract 1983 Production Gentex. The cover is 1983 contract. It is fully set up for airborne operations with retention straps and an early square notched parachutist pad. 
 

Also pictured on it is my MILES sensor band. Always love seeing reactions of former service members when I show them the MILES. Seems there is a universal hatred for the poorly implemented system.61CBC7F2-D228-4797-A349-05A433C25517.jpeg.e25882f86bb23341be3ad4ad8ad5b155.jpeg506C2943-6224-4E57-B860-3239BDF433D5.jpeg.d102355554ff876cb7f6240a9252d2f3.jpeg0ED5621C-02A9-4C1C-B4A5-C4C209593F8E.jpeg.7c7e7a8af43bacf5bdd56c2bb357ff16.jpegE301B04B-88C1-4C6D-8733-BE4B46DD157E.jpeg.233b21a64fea206f86216b2bedd07de1.jpeg8D6165CC-9E27-40B8-A44B-E8AFF9D14827.jpeg.7de961cd9b947f9c889b5de723898d56.jpeg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCarDemotic
19 minutes ago, USMC_COLLECTOR said:

With the miles band it looks like a colonial marine helmet from Alien.

 


You aren’t the first to think that. I scoured eBay for a year to find it. I also have the harness to match it. Still need the firing module and god gun though.

 

MILES stuff is sadly pretty challenging to find.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
Ryan Reese
On 2/28/2022 at 9:06 AM, TheCarDemotic said:


You aren’t the first to think that. I scoured eBay for a year to find it. I also have the harness to match it. Still need the firing module and god gun though.

 

MILES stuff is sadly pretty challenging to find.

I would have never guess that MILES gear would be collectible. Very cool display, it definitely put a smile on my face. 
 

I just remember the cadre explaining it to us and how it was supposed to work then I spent the other half of the day “dead” waiting to be reset. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCarDemotic
54 minutes ago, Ryan Reese said:

I would have never guess that MILES gear would be collectible. Very cool display, it definitely put a smile on my face. 
 

I just remember the cadre explaining it to us and how it was supposed to work then I spent the other half of the day “dead” waiting to be reset. 😂


I didn’t know if it was even available on the market until one finally popped up on eBay. Then a month later the harness popped up and now I’m set.

 

My father has some funny stories from Korea when they used it. He was in 1st Brigade, 2nd Aviation Regiment (Attack) of the 2nd Infantry Division in 1994. They had it on the AH-1F Helicopters and used Stinger missiles with blanks to train.

 

I love hearing from veterans about their opinions on MILES. Always puts a smile on my face.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Texengland

Gotta find you a God Gun now!!! We used to spend lots of time tapping the pressure sensor on the rifle attachment thereby tricking it into firing. Lots of confusion from that when sensors started going off with no shots fired. Also used to be able to actually see it with older PVS-7s as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Linedoggie
1 hour ago, Ryan Reese said:

I would have never guess that MILES gear would be collectible. Very cool display, it definitely put a smile on my face. 
 

I just remember the cadre explaining it to us and how it was supposed to work then I spent the other half of the day “dead” waiting to be reset. 😂

I threw a God gun away in Baghdad, I found it in my ruck and figured never need it again. 2 years later i'm an O/C-T running lanes at Drum, Dix and FTIG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCarDemotic
7 hours ago, Texengland said:

Gotta find you a God Gun now!!! We used to spend lots of time tapping the pressure sensor on the rifle attachment thereby tricking it into firing. Lots of confusion from that when sensors started going off with no shots fired. Also used to be able to actually see it with older PVS-7s as well.


Did you guys ever cheat by removing batteries or smudging shoe polish on the sensors? I still hear about guys cheating at JRTC nowadays

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCarDemotic
7 hours ago, Linedoggie said:

I threw a God gun away in Baghdad, I found it in my ruck and figured never need it again. 2 years later i'm an O/C-T running lanes at Drum, Dix and FTIG


Oh that’s a shame. They somehow pop up more than the Harness and Halo band, but they are still mighty rare and expensive. I’ve seen a few sell for over $200, but sadly I had to pass at the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan Reese

Here are a few of my PASGT helmets. I’ve become pretty hooked on hunting down the different types of covers. 
 

First is a set of EGA marked USMC helmets. The BDU print is a Medium 1985 Devils Lake Sioux Mfc. The DCU print is a Medium 1989 Unicor.

 

The Chaplain’s helmet is a Small 2002 Unicor. 

D060C9C9-291B-4F92-8664-8A379E00AA31.jpeg

D3CD8405-6C80-4D97-AB1C-F0B8D7691B52.jpeg

7DE3E73C-A775-4A32-B73E-AD8056420202.jpeg

69323527-6069-4F57-B000-1CE8EDA533D6.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan Reese

Snow Camouflage - 1986 Medium Unicor

 

ACU “Morey” - 1990 Medium Unicor

F63D6EFF-B9FD-4916-9CAD-AA3762D0DB7C.jpeg

1117A854-1086-438F-A4E6-1FEA71304894.jpeg

CD6E3215-D8EB-4CC3-BB98-096735D857A1.jpeg

1295F260-BF64-404E-84BB-155A703346D2.jpeg

020D8663-784C-4E7F-BBAC-371A1753BACA.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan Reese

BDU Army Master Sgt - 1987 Medium Sep Plastic Prod.

 

“Contractor OD Green” - 1986 Medium Gentex Corporation 

553F9F5D-CABD-438F-A977-DA9D11AAB0B4.jpeg

957DCFE1-B6C7-4E8E-AA68-A99E1F7F3A84.jpeg

AE1503ED-527C-4D03-8076-27BE64222563.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

patches
On 1/28/2022 at 4:58 PM, ncin1911 said:

Manufacture: Gibraltar Industries

Size: Large

Contract number is hard to read due to scratches but looks like 83 or 93 date. Yard sale find couple years back.

 

 

20220128_162405.jpg

20220128_162030.jpg

20220128_161938.jpg

20220128_162301.jpg

20220128_161910.jpg

Dark Blue is it? If so would this be a civilian Police Chaplain helmet from unknown department somewhere in America.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

patches
On 3/22/2022 at 10:59 PM, TheCarDemotic said:


I didn’t know if it was even available on the market until one finally popped up on eBay. Then a month later the harness popped up and now I’m set.

 

My father has some funny stories from Korea when they used it. He was in 1st Brigade, 2nd Aviation Regiment (Attack) of the 2nd Infantry Division in 1994. They had it on the AH-1F Helicopters and used Stinger missiles with blanks to train.

 

I love hearing from veterans about their opinions on MILES. Always puts a smile on my face.

It was new and exciting when we got it up at Fort Wainwright in the old 4/9th Inf, July 1982, trained a mere two times with the gear though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan Reese

Here’s where I am with my PASGT collection. I love the variety of covers. If anyone has a cover that I’m missing, that you want to get rid of, let me know. 
 

11 of these are Mediums, 1 Small and 1 XS. 
 

6 manufactures:

- Unicor

- Devils Lake Sioux Mfg.

- Stemaco Prod.

- Gentex Corporation

- Gibraltar Industries

- Spec. Plastic Prod.

 

Enjoy!

8ACAAE7B-5708-460A-89A6-840DD4E1741E.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Beveaux

First post on this site. I thought I'd post my two PASGT helmets.

First helmet below is a medium PASGT helmet made by UNICOR and contract-dated 1986.

 

Of note, the woodland cover is dated 1988 and the ballistic Sun Wind Dust Goggles are stamped 1992.

 

1625068100_BDU1.jpg.2b5204800a0217bf4df45b2d4116abd8.jpg

1979753420_bdu2.jpg.35519d1934d7be7deb54151192a37f4d.jpg

652449295_bdu3.jpg.734dee2904935b88d92c30ea85275790.jpg197812519_bdu4.jpg.c3850d757d8ec25852cc3cba69787473.jpg

 

Both the sweatband and suspension are new while the chinstrap is original. I replaced the original suspension that came with it as it was rather soiled from sweat buildup over the years. The inside of this helmet is stamped 86/87, so I suppose this helmet may have been produced in 1987 from an 86 contract that UNICOR was fulfilling. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beveaux

Second is a medium K-pot manufactured by Spec Plastic Prod under a 1988 contract, produced in 1989.

 

Six color desert cover was an unissued item that I added and has a 1990 contract. Sun-Wind-Dust Goggles are stamped 1992 and have ballistic laser protective lenses.

 

1119497648_DBDU1.jpg.1cdfacdf047d0f9237dec359b715d87a.jpg2006531087_dbdu2.jpg.a2e56cc35928d66a3f217cdb83c0faab.jpg1778653395_dbdu3.jpg.84141c5970377a7af2051c7150d95279.jpg731783427_dbdu4.jpg.fe59cadea96e77021b88ba498a054f12.jpg

 

Chinstrap, suspension, and sweatband are all original to this helmet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Rooster
On 3/25/2022 at 11:38 PM, patches said:

It was new and exciting when we got it up at Fort Wainwright in the old 4/9th Inf, July 1982, trained a mere two times with the gear though.

We used it all the time. It was a great improvement over just firing blanks. You had to zero the transmitters to your sights using some equipment which I vaguely remember now.

Miles was a great training aid.

The K pots ... they sucked. I was sad when I had to turn my M1 in for a Kpot.

Dam things always cracked me in the bridge of the nose. In the prone you had to push em up to fire. The brim was always too low.

I hated the Kpot.

Nice examples here but to wear one in the field, stunk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCarDemotic

Here is a fascinating one. I got this from a good friend of mine. Supposedly an unfinished prototype PASGT judging by the brim shape. Has no markings and the interesting pattern is due to the lack of paint. You can see how the helmet is made with 4x4” textiles of fabric C5040569-90D1-456A-8B12-D6BE79BF1F9F.jpeg.87f6cbe7cd15e7f64e5f0245d2a1eeb7.jpegAFC2F888-461D-4F82-ADFB-2CBB6B10B798.jpeg.983e8cbac6c128798245ca638af9225a.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheCarDemotic

Here is another cool thing for you guys. This isn’t focused on the helmet as I’ve posted this one before, but more so the night vision arms used with the PASGT. Recently acquired this plastic one.

 

The plastic ones NSN was assigned January 31st 1997 and was replaced by a metal one on July 17th 1998. So made for a very short timeframe. 
 

 

14733E82-D4D3-4BD9-9CEB-E42362711DF6.jpeg.e8c226ce307c3a45452747a23499e78e.jpegCCB56F39-9AB0-4782-935E-E2C6C09C4BB6.jpeg.6bf0098095dd1887d0675b3740958446.jpegF9A9CCAB-5F8A-472A-B086-6B2CBE23EDCF.jpeg.5d4bd7c148cac33fcfb26523283dff31.jpeg

482BD3E9-EA8E-4EBF-BB0A-F7281D1A15F7.jpeg

B67F1AC9-EF28-447C-8E44-5D8834330568.jpeg

CCA93BE8-3AB5-4444-AE94-57B3AD1DB2BF.jpeg

9DD49A25-B58E-4B53-A978-A64B94D53996.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...