Show Your PASGT!!!

Longbranch

Hey All,

Lets see some pics of the PASGT. I recently got the one I recently found fixed up (see the thread at http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=88348). So, I was hoping to see some others.

I had to replace the liner, as well as locate a cover and band. Luckily, the local surplus store had everything I need for less than what I could get it for online. So, she's all finished up. The cover doesn't fit as well as I'd like, but looking at other examples, it seems this is typical. It's not uncommon to see extra improvised straps or green duct tape being used to fasten these covers down...

The surplus store also had a nice complete ACH w/ patched 3rd Division cover for a bit under $100 that was tempting, as I'm trying to get a helmet from each major conflict the U.S. has been involved with from the beginning of the 20th century to the present day. Seem like a good deal?

Anyway, here's the "Desert Storm" PASGT, fitted up and ready to go:

Now

PASGTD3.jpg

Before

PASGT3.jpg

Now

PASGTD1.jpg

Before

PASGT2.jpg

Back w/ "cat eyes" band

PASGTD2.jpg

Let's see some more PASGT helmets!

ACH is a great deal, I paid $150ish for mine. I have two PASGTs, one stone mint and one well used, just too lazy to dig pictures up tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

Not in my collection, but thought some might like to see. probably shouldn't post, as 10 will probably appear on ebay tomorrow! My buddy was assigned to 7th SFGA in Panama, 1995. For his first jump since jump school, they made him wear the "Cherry Blast" helmet. A white PASGT with cherries all over it.

post-8021-1286686287.jpg

Hey All,

Lets see some pics of the PASGT. I recently got the one I recently found fixed up (see the thread at http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=88348). So, I was hoping to see some others.

I had to replace the liner, as well as locate a cover and band. Luckily, the local surplus store had everything I need for less than what I could get it for online. So, she's all finished up. The cover doesn't fit as well as I'd like, but looking at other examples, it seems this is typical. It's not uncommon to see extra improvised straps or green duct tape being used to fasten these covers down...

The surplus store also had a nice complete ACH w/ patched 3rd Division cover for a bit under $100 that was tempting, as I'm trying to get a helmet from each major conflict the U.S. has been involved with from the beginning of the 20th century to the present day. Seem like a good deal?

Anyway, here's the "Desert Storm" PASGT, fitted up and ready to go:

Now

PASGTD3.jpg

Before

PASGT3.jpg

Now

PASGTD1.jpg

Before

PASGT2.jpg

Back w/ "cat eyes" band

PASGTD2.jpg

Let's see some more PASGT helmets!

If you're zttempting to make your helmet a Desert Storm version then your sweat band is incorrect as it is a post war version. It should look like the one in P-Es pics (ie with the buckle and no hook pile tape (aka velcro).

With parachutists pad and straps.

Did the 101st issue parachutist pads and straps with their helmets? They're not airborne so I don't see the need for them. Also, by the time they started placing patches on their helmet covers the wider suspension and velcro fastened sweatbands were being used.

This is my US PASGT issued to me when I served with the UN in Kosovo. Although I was assigned as a Flight Officer in the Police Air Unit, we were issued these and the heavy ceramic tactical body armour as local riots and fighting were still ongoing in some areas. I can't find a date in the shell as the markings are partially rubbed off but it was issued to me in 2001 and was certainly used before I got it, so I am guessing it's from the mid-late '90's?

Rick

post-9167-1286826484.jpg

post-9167-1286826493.jpg

If you're zttempting to make your helmet a Desert Storm version then your sweat band is incorrect as it is a post war version. It should look like the one in P-Es pics (ie with the buckle and no hook pile tape (aka velcro).

Point taken. I was aware of the later production sweatband. This is the one found on the helmet when purchased, and was put back on when the new suspension was installed. I'll likely just find a PASGT with all of the correct Desert Storm era parts to put this particular cover on, as I'm sure this PASGT was actually issued during OIF/OEF. Plus, I have quite a few recent 3-color PASGT helmet covers needing a helmet anyway...

One question, however. I've found a 3-color desert camo PASGT cover with a 1991 production date. Were these ever used during Desert Storm, or were the 5-color covers the main cover issued?

My fellow Collectors ,

What a nice thread !

I always liked the PASGT since I saw the first pics in some german and austrian magazines in the early eighties

stating that the US Army is going to adopt the " old german/austrian Stahlhelm design "...

Well , over the years I got me three of these fine helmets for my collection.

The first pic shows two of them sharing space in one of IKEA´s nice Detolf cabinets.

post-5476-1286916600.jpg

Here I will show some pics of the third PASGT I have.

It is a 1985 made rather small example that I got off the Bay many years ago.

I only vaguely remember that the seller stated that this helmet with it´s

glossy orange paint was worn by personnel performing mine clearing duties in Bosnia.

So as always , I only bought the helmet and not the story , I just put on a cover and forgot about it untill recently.

Hope you like it !!!

Best regards from austrian collector

Bernhard

post-5476-1286917307.jpg

That almost hurts the eyes Bernhard :lol:

Rick, cool piece of personal history with yours. Always makes it that much more appealing me thinks :thumbsup:

This is my US PASGT issued to me when I served with the UN in Kosovo. Although I was assigned as a Flight Officer in the Police Air Unit, we were issued these and the heavy ceramic tactical body armour as local riots and fighting were still ongoing in some areas. I can't find a date in the shell as the markings are partially rubbed off but it was issued to me in 2001 and was certainly used before I got it, so I am guessing it's from the mid-late '90's?

Rick

post-9167-1286826484.jpg

post-9167-1286826493.jpg

Hey Rick.

That's a cool K-pot, the rounded piece of Leather in the webbing is an usual modification,not seen that before...like it a lot mate...the UN cover alone has got to be hard to source accessory alone....nice one mate :thumbsup: