HELP DATING SERUM ALBUMIN TIN PLEASE.

Beau-Brummel

Hi, I picked up this albumin kit recently and would like some help dating It If possible.

I would love to hear from anyone with official data, pictures that may allow me to pin down the exact era It was produced. I know that the 'corned beef key' tins were the initial type, Introduced In WW2 and carrried on until the ring pull type tin was developed. What I don't know Is when that was. I have been looking for a Vietnam dated kit for many years but It seems these are non existent so this is as close as i can get. I have a feeling It Is early to mid seventies but would welcome any further Information.

Many Thanks In Advance, Guy.

post-1781-1285498436.jpg

Guy,

Can't help you with the date of manufacture but I will say that this is a very nice item! Have been looking for one of these myself. Thanks for sharing ......

Many Thanks to all those who took the trouble to reply.

So we have a timeline beginning In 77 at the earliest. I can handle that and am happy to add this piece to the collection as they are so rare. Brilliant piece of detectice work Ehrentitle and Beast.

Many thanks Lance, It's the first time I've seen one of these with contents 'In the flesh' so to speak.

Yours, Guy.

nice find Guy, that's the first time I have seen what they contained.

:smokin:

Thanks Paul,

me too apart from some poor quality B&W photos. I have to go through a lot of pictures now but I have a feeling this type of tin was In use before wars end. The little cardboard drum with the giving set sits on top of the bottle neck and the whole lot packs Into the tin.

Never expected to find one so post war or not I'm very happy.

Best Regards, Guy.

• 4 months later...