PFC William Wingett E Co 506 PIR

robinb

Is absolutly a very great grouping of one of the most importants american units, so very congrats for you!!!! Thank's for showing.

Best regards.

Fran,

• 1 month later...

I am not sure how I missed this one but very nice grouping to Wilder Bill. He is a good friend as well and we have been to Europe together on several occasions. I know it has a place of honor in your impressive collection. Conrats & it is in good hands.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Robin, you are really unbelieveable.

please, say many greeting to Mr. Wingett from the USMF members when you see him next time!

Frankie

• 2 months later...

Bill came by today to see how I displayed his uniforms. I'm glad to report that he was pleased. My wife took the picture of Bill and myself posing by his uniforms.

bw_1.JPG

bw_3.JPG

Christopher

Wow super nice grouping. Wouldnt it be nice if all these groupings that came homestayed together???

Corpsmancollector

Just amazing Robin, a real honor indeed. Thanks for sharing these photos with us.

Will

willysmb44

Amazing. Of all the local collectors I know in this area, I feel it’s good he hooked up with you. I know all this stuff will stay in one place and others will get the chance to see it from time to time. :thumbsup:

Sgt. Boghots

A really great job, Robin. What a pleasure it must be for you to spend the time with Bill.

Best regards,

Paul

• 1 month later...

:thumbsup: Super grouping !!!!! Say hello to Mr. Wingett and let him know we all :salute: him for his service !!!! God Bless Him.

Sgt. Boghots

For those of you who don't know him, I just want to throw in a plug for Robin.

He has been a serious and devoted colledtor for longer than many forum members have been alive. He buys and sells a bit to support his collection, and his empbasis has been on building a fantastic and advanced collection, while selling off some exceptional duplicates along the way to finance going forward with his "keepers". - Trust me, his "extras" are exactly as described, and are valuable additions to most collections.

Robin has put much of his heart and life into his collection. He has done a fantastic job of providing a home for it. Wingett's grouping is well appreciated here, and while it's in Robin's hands it will be well cared for.

There are several great collections here in Oregon; I'd say hands down that Robin's is the best.

I'm honored to call him a friend and fellow Oregonian.

Best regards to all,

Paul

Sgt. Boghots

No undue flatery intended, Robin. You've done a great job of putting together your collection. Much better than some of us who've let things come and go over the years.

Hope all is well up you way.

Best regards,

Paul

Niner Alpha

Those regimental crests are interesting. No doubt the real thing from the original 506. Some don't know the crest was redrawn by the Army after the war and by the early 50's it had changed. The lightning slash came down from the left and down to the right of the mountain in the new crest. The shield became more pointed at the bottom. This second version remains today.

http://www.506infantry.org/hisinsigniashield.html

• 11 months later...

Awesome group! What do you think was the percentage of guys who started at D-Day and survived without being killed or severly wounded or POW until the Eagles Nest? Maybe 1 in 5 or 20%, maybe less.

Dave

• 8 years later...