$610 USMC patch lot

Garth Thompson

Perhaps this Marine is identified to the Iceland Detachment in 1941? I will have to look him up. Indeed that would make the polar bears worth a lot more to a collector. Just a thought. - Jeff

It's gotta be that extremly rare variation of the ruptured duck!

...No, not really...

It must be what Jeff said above otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

Jon.

teufelhunde.ret
Perhaps this Marine is identified to the Iceland Detachment in 1941? I will have to look him up. Indeed that would make the polar bears worth a lot more to a collector. Just a thought. - Jeff

Agree - if these were attributed to a Marine in the Iceland Detachment, I believe the buyer got a great deal, original off-uniform originals always sell for more than 250. on ebay.

I personally don't like the Polar Bear Patches. They remind me of some repros I have seen in the UK. Very padded and very repro. I can always be wrong, but they strike me wrong.

-Ski

Garth Thompson

Personally I think there is something not right about the bears. I've seen more than one set of matched pair head down, pig head bear patches show up recently. A couple at ASMIC, a couple at the last SOS and a couple more at smaller shows. Not to say these aren't authentic but it does seem odd that identical matched pairs are showing up at different shows on different dealers tables.

Just a thought,

Garth