USMC Camo HBT Helmet Cover---1st Pattern

USAmedalfreak

I like what i see, except for the massive rip!.....but these days $100 aint too bad for a 1st pattern without EGA!....mike

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

How can you guys tell that it is good versus the known reproductions? :unsure: :think: I'm still trying to figure this out! I would love to pick up one of these but with all the repo's, I've all but given up. And as I have not been fortunate enough to run into a vet or his children. I am still with out.

Feel free to PM or email me with your info if its something to keep out of the hands of the fakers.

Thanks,

Rod

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2016.gif

I like what i see, except for the massive rip!.....but these days $100 aint too bad for a 1st pattern without EGA!....mike

LUCKY GUY WHOEVER WON IT , LEAVES STANDING TOO! :lol::lol:

Thanks dudes, I did win this one. Price a little high for the torn condition, but thats ok. I will keep this as an original example for comparison until I find a better quality one.

Rod, I think for us newbie USMC cover collectors, the way to go is to get a hold of a Korea W dated cover. They are cheaper and made of same material and construction is the same. Some even say they made of WW2 material left overs. This beats spending money on a bunch of known fakes to learn how they are made and how to avoid etc IMO.

Thks

Kelly

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Thanks dudes, I did win this one. Price a little high for the torn condition, but thats ok. I will keep this as an original example for comparison until I find a better quality one.

Rod, I think for us newbie USMC cover collectors, the way to go is to get a hold of a Korea W dated cover. They are cheaper and made of same material and construction is the same. Some even say they made of WW2 material left overs. This beats spending money on a bunch of known fakes to learn how they are made and how to avoid etc IMO.

Thks

Kelly

Thanks Kelly,

I have a Korean marine helmet and cover. I will have to study it veerry closely!!! ;):)

rod

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2016.gif

I think you done good on buying this cover....its the real deal and great for reference and will display nicely too!.....mike :thumbsup:

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

I think you done good on buying this cover....its the real deal and great for reference and will display nicely too!.....mike :thumbsup:

Thanks I think so too. I will get my 88yr old WW2 Vet Grandfather to do a field repair and then I can say WW2 field repaired. That should double the value instantly!

Kelly

Thanks I think so too. I will get my 88yr old WW2 Vet Grandfather to do a field repair and then I can say WW2 field repaired. That should double the value instantly!

Kelly

:lol::lol: That was a joke and no one took the bait :thumbdown:

Actually my Gramps was a WW2 VEt, but sadly died at age 88. All his war stories got me hooked on WW2 and later collecting militaria. Bought my first WW2 item at age 17. Then life got busy and didn't start collecting again until 2005.

THks

Kelly