Not only a model box

Proud Kraut

I have a few AIRFIX catalogs, the eldest one I found yet was a 1975 issue, unfortunately without front cover. After going through it, I must say they really have had a lot of models. A little bit of everything, planes, ships, trains, rockets, cars, figures, animals, dinos etc. etc, maybe too much...

Some impressions focused on planes and "ground forces"

Airf2.jpg

Now this became the semi official Airfix thread I think, lol....

You mentioned ROCO. I don't want to include this theme here as well, just to make you a little bit remember. (Could someone start a ROCO thread, please!)

Lars

Roco1.jpg

Yes CW4AFB...I do recall those ROCO models, though I never went down that road myself. As I recall, they were very highly detailed for their scale and came in a range of less common subjects, not done by the mainstream manufacturers.....as exemplified by Lars' collection above!

Ian :thumbsup:

I used to work in Hanau for a short time, so I got to know the area of Hessen quite well. This thread has brought back some good memories.

-Johannes

Hallo Johannes, great, another Hesse!

Lars/Ian---last one for today, I promise...I hadn't meant to post any more but Lars's Airfix catalog and Rocos hit me like a ton of bricks---Oh man, those are some great shots---BTW I think Lars's Rocos have me outgunned but I believe I have more bridgebuilding vehicles....the horror, the horror....

Al

post-2235-1285957670.jpg

Lars---pls tell me that's not half of a Gamma Goat in the middle of your boxes---quite possibly one of the worst milvehs ever designed---of course there some benefits to having 6 wheels---when one of the middle ones fell off while we were driving it, we barely noticed the difference. Check out the picture: Marines in Norway enjoying the weather with the fancy amphibious kit installed---of course it meant taking off the windshield and the cab---Who knew Norway, Denmark and Northern Germany got cold in November?

Al

post-2235-1285971618.jpg

Al, I love two see, how your comrads enjoyed their sunbath!

If I find the time; I'll start a ROCO thread soon. Meanwhile these two are for you:

Gamma2.jpg

Al, I love two see, how your comrads enjoyed their sunbath!

If I find the time; I'll start a ROCO thread soon. Meanwhile these two are for you:

Lars---those are too cool----Lets run a ROCO thread and focus it on US vehicles----Maybe we can get guys here to add their real life pictures with the same kind of vehicles---sort of compare and contrast the model to the real thing.....

Al

Gentlemen,please don't forget the father of all and everything in the way of toys and the plastic playset,

Mr. Louis Marx. Marx Toy Co.

Was he the one that whistled or the one with the fake moustache?!

Sabrejet ;)

Lars, Ian---how about these two shots: a tribute to the M-113 series vehicles (including a few M-114s) and another tribute to the M-60 chassis vehicles. I'm sure some of the other members here have pictures of these babies from their own pasts.

Al

post-2235-1286231625.jpg

post-2235-1286231639.jpg