SSI question from a newbie

Longhorn92

All,

I've read the "pinned" SSI info on this forum and have a few reference books. Having said that, I know the only way to really learn about SSI's is to get my hands on some patches.

This is my first goal: I'd like to get WWII SSI of all five U.S. Airborne Divisions without shelling out a ton of money.

Is this a realistic first go at this or am I dreaming?

It seems ebay and a few other places have plenty of these patches but for a newbie, figuring out why one seller with excellent f/b and advertsing "real deal WWII" patches sells them for a few bucks while another seller has them selling for $80 is challenging.

Thanks for any advice.

There are quite a few people on the Forum that you may be able to purchase patches from and you can stay away from Ebay.

36TEX is one of the best patch dealers on this forum that I know. His reputation is unquestionable. He is a standup straight shootin guy.. Send him a PM, he may be able to help you with the Airborne patches.

Leigh...

I bought all of my WWII Airborne SSI from members of the forum in the for sale section except for one patch.

Always check the for sale section, I try to check 2 or 3 times aday.

Longhorn,

I can send you some photos of some of my spares and I don't want a fortune for them.

I also think I know what I'm doing in regards to WWII airborne insignia.

Allan