USAF and USN pilots

Bebel

Franck

Well I can now most certainly see why this helmet was ID'd as a 324th FIS helmet! The first pic you had didn't show the insignia's on the left and right of the helmet. That is truly a very nice helmet. Did you find the helmet complete with the mask or did you just pair that mask to it? If only these pieces could talk.

Good luck to you to find the patch as well. That 324th patch and the original 337th patches I've seen are usually over $200. Thats out of my price range for a cloth patch but I guess if you want something bad enough one will pay anything. I'll bet that 324th helmet cost a pretty penny being it had original unit markings on it vs just a colored paint scheme. Thanks for the more detailed pics of it!

Tom

• 1 month later...

More than two years ago, I bought a little grouping from a Navy pilot, Captain Cauble that I've displayed on the forum (http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/128706-usn-pilots-grouping/). A few time after that, Captain Cauble's son who had seen this topic wrote me an email asking if I was interesting by some other items from his father and information about him. Yes, I was! So, M. Cauble sent me copies of logbooks, pictures and these patches. I asked him if I could write an article about the Navy career of his father with all I have gotten. He agreed. The article was first written for a militaria magazine in France (Uniformes magazine)? Then, and with the help of some nice guys as my friend Gregory Pons and a member of the Association of Naval Aviation, this article was translated in good english (that I couldn't do good enough!) and published in the ANAs bulletin (Wings of Gold).

There you can see the patches as they are display in my collection room and a copy of the article for knowing the highly honorable career of Captain Cauble in the US Navy Aviation (pictures are big size and could take a time to be all displayed).

Thank you again to L. Cauble who sent me all these patches and informations.

Franck

0kfq.jpg

wyj4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Outstanding collection. Awesome Toptex and Red River reunion poster.

If you have another poster you don't have wall room for I have some space.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a Lt John B. Marks's party shirt when he was assigned at the 91st SRS in Korea and was flying as electronic warfare officer on RB-50.

Franck

91stSRS001_zps204bb2c0.jpg

91stSRS005_zps9a14a5e4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...