Schindler's List

Saving Private Ryan

Glory

Gettysburg

The Civil War (Ken Burns)

Stalingrad

Das Boot

Joyeux Noel

Life Is Beautiful / La vita è bella (original title)

Notible mentions:

The Last of the Mohicans

Braveheart

Theme from the Dutch film Soldaat van Oranje ( aka Soldier of Orange, directed by Paul Verhoeven ) from 1977 with Rutger Hauer and Jeroen Krabbé. If you hear that tune you'd think that the Second Worldwar was a boys funadventure! :lol: The film is based on the memoires of Erik Hazelhoff Roelfzema, a Dutch resistance fighter who worked for the British Secret service during the Englandspiel and was Mosquito pilot during the latter stages of the war. He ended WW2 as the adjudant of Her Royal Highness Queen Wilhelmina of Orange! Great movie but I don't know if it's known in the Americas and other parts of the world, hence this explanation.. ;)

I also like the movietheme of Kelly's Heroes ( and I love that movie, Clint and Telly Rule! ), the openingscore of Apocalypse Now! , just to mention a few more.. :) Not to forget all scores by Ennio Morricone, that man is a genius!! :twothumbup: Remember The Good, the Bad and the Ugly? Spaghettywesterns made by Sergio Leone rule!

Joyeux Noel(beautiful musical score)

Bridge Over The River Kwai(gotta love the Brits whistling)

The Longest Day(dadadadum & of course the closing score)

Band of Brothers(haunting but memorable theme score)

Patton(what else can you say? It personifies Patton)

American Graffiti(Who can beat 50's Rock-N-Roll, a warm Friday night cruise & street racing?)

Robswashashore

Hey -- you're right --- it DIDN'T say it had to be military.

In that case:

Steel Magnolias

Miss Potter

(also the two best chick flicks ever made!) (Yes, I do chick flicks!!)

and

The Right Stuff

Apollo 13

(hmmm why do I always get back to "Jean's Military Stuff?!!!")

Theme from the Dutch film Soldaat van Oranje ( aka Soldier of Orange, directed by Paul Verhoeven ) from 1977 with Rutger Hauer and Jeroen Krabbé. If you hear that tune you'd think that the Second Worldwar was a boys funadventure! :lol: The film is based on the memoires of Erik Hazelhoff Roelfzema, a Dutch resistance fighter who worked for the British Secret service during the Englandspiel and was Mosquito pilot during the latter stages of the war. He ended WW2 as the adjudant of Her Royal Highness Queen Wilhelmina of Orange! Great movie but I don't know if it's known in the Americas and other parts of the world, hence this explanation.. ;)

I saw this movie on French TV many years ago and it is a great one. Rutger Hauer is one of my favorite actor.

Bill just reminded me...how about the "Indiana Jones" theme by the great John Williams..also his "Star Wars" and "Superman" themes. Stirring stuff! I like the theme from the "A-Team" too!

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

Fistful of dynamite - Once upon a time...the revolution.

Quadrophenia

Rude Boy

She wore a yellow ribbon

Fort Apache

The great rock'n'roll swindle

Take it or leave it

The brain

and many more...

General Apathy

The haunting music from the television series ' World at War '

The violin and piano music from ' Summer of 42 '

The windmills of your mind song along with Steve McQueen glider scene in ' The Thomas Crown Affair '

The opening title track ' on days like this ' sung by Matt Munro ' The Italian Job ' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKqCtOUeXbY...feature=related

I don't recall the film for this however Dean Martin singing ' Sway '. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKqCtOUeXbY...feature=related ( spine tingling when dancing close with a woman ) :rolleyes:

Five of my favourites. :thumbsup:

lewis

vintageproductions

I'm with Owen & Andrei:

Rock & Roll Swindle

Rude Boy

Quadrophenia

But you boy's forgot, The Harder They Come..

General Apathy
Bill just reminded me...how about the "Indiana Jones" theme by the great John Williams..also his "Star Wars" and "Superman" themes. Stirring stuff! I like the theme from the "A-Team" too!

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

Also from John Williams ' Cavatina ' from the Deer Hunter :think: :think: :thumbsup:

lewis

The Beatle's Help and A Hard Day's Night movies.

Letters from Iwo Jima.

The Indiana Jones Trilogy.

The Star Wars films.

In no particular order.

I'm with Owen & Andrei:

Rock & Roll Swindle

Rude Boy

Quadrophenia

But you boy's forgot, The Harder They Come..

Of course....

and I also forgot Billy Elliot.