TOM KOENIG-DECEASED?

I was at a militaria show in Indianapolis this weekend and heard that Tom Koenig passed away. Tom dealt mostly in medals and ribbons. Has anyone else heard of his passing? Tom was always at shows in the midwest and was a great guy to deal with.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

Last time I saw him was in April, he usually is at the Twin Cities shows. Back in October of last year he missed the show up here, all sorts of rumors about his untimely demise, him being sick, etc.

I mentioned that in April when I saw him and he laughed and said "I was at a show close to home in Ohio that I couldn't miss." He also made some funny comment about being old but not dead :)

No idea about now though!

MW

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif
donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

I heard that also.A guy I know spoke to his wife

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

He was at the Berea Gun Show a few weeks ago and looked healthy. You're talking about the Tom Koenig who has a great big 45th INF Div. banner above his tables at all the shows, right?

Correct.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

I'm sorry to hear of Tom's passing. Tom was a good man, and I never heard a bad word about him.

Judges 1:19- And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

DANG!!! I hate to hear of Tom passing as well. As a young collector, he cut me some great deals and gave me some items to get me started. Hate to hear this bad news.

Always looking for US and foreign militaria from the Central American wars circa 1970-1990

donation2017.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Sad to hear. Always enjoyed dealing with him.

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

Wow. Very sad. He was one of the first dealers I ever bought from, and in later years, he was exceptionally polite to my wife. That kind of kindness you don't forget. He was a retired officer, and his son I think was or still is an Army officer? I remember many years ago him bragging about his son's promotion. Such a shame he's passed.

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

I found Tom's obit on-line today:

http://obit.neidhardminges.com/obitdisplay...listing=Current

Thomas E. Koenig

Born in Cincinnati, Ohio on Aug. 16, 1931

Departed on Sep. 17, 2010 and resided in Cincinnati , OH.

Visitation: Friday, Sep. 24, 2010

Service: Friday, Sep. 24, 2010

Cemetery: Gate of Heaven Cemetery

KOENIG, Lt. Col. Thomas E., US Army retired, Korean War veteran, and Bronze Star Medal recipient, beloved husband of 54 years to Geraldine (Gerry) Koenig (nee Kroger), loving father of Gail, Rick (Terri), Pat (Beth), Steve (Cindy), Larry (Sue) and cherished grandfather of: Michael, Chris, Marie, Kristen, Amanda, Brian, Greg, Jill, David, Allison and Andrew. Dear brother of George (Edna) Koenig, Merle Ann Koenig, Carolyn (Leroy) Honkomp and the late Dr. Robert (Mary) Koenig. Dear brother in-law of Mary Lou, Jean, Dotty, Camille, Jerry, Tom, Doug, Fr. Dan (OFM) and the late Don Kroger. Died September 17, 2010 after a brief illness. Age 79. Graduate of Xavier University. Long time member of Purcell Council Knights of Columbus; 2075th Reserve Officers Association, 45th Infantry Division Association and many other military and fraternal organizations. Family will receive friends Friday from 10am until time of Memorial Mass at 11:30am at St Martin of Tours Church, Cheviot. (Parking available at the K of C Hall adjacent to church.) Tom donated his body to the UC College of Medicine. His ashes will be buried at Gate of Heaven Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Hospice of Cincinnati or Franciscan Missionary of Mt Airy. (Envelopes will be available at church).

post-440-1285103229.jpg

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

R.I.P. Tom :salute:

Bob Gill

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

I found Tom's obit on-line today:

http://obit.neidhardminges.com/obitdisplay...listing=Current

Thomas E. Koenig

Born in Cincinnati, Ohio on Aug. 16, 1931

Departed on Sep. 17, 2010 and resided in Cincinnati , OH.

Visitation: Friday, Sep. 24, 2010

Service: Friday, Sep. 24, 2010

Cemetery: Gate of Heaven Cemetery

KOENIG, Lt. Col. Thomas E., US Army retired, Korean War veteran, and Bronze Star Medal recipient, beloved husband of 54 years to Geraldine (Gerry) Koenig (nee Kroger), loving father of Gail, Rick (Terri), Pat (Beth), Steve (Cindy), Larry (Sue) and cherished grandfather of: Michael, Chris, Marie, Kristen, Amanda, Brian, Greg, Jill, David, Allison and Andrew. Dear brother of George (Edna) Koenig, Merle Ann Koenig, Carolyn (Leroy) Honkomp and the late Dr. Robert (Mary) Koenig. Dear brother in-law of Mary Lou, Jean, Dotty, Camille, Jerry, Tom, Doug, Fr. Dan (OFM) and the late Don Kroger. Died September 17, 2010 after a brief illness. Age 79. Graduate of Xavier University. Long time member of Purcell Council Knights of Columbus; 2075th Reserve Officers Association, 45th Infantry Division Association and many other military and fraternal organizations. Family will receive friends Friday from 10am until time of Memorial Mass at 11:30am at St Martin of Tours Church, Cheviot. (Parking available at the K of C Hall adjacent to church.) Tom donated his body to the UC College of Medicine. His ashes will be buried at Gate of Heaven Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Hospice of Cincinnati or Franciscan Missionary of Mt Airy. (Envelopes will be available at church).

Tom_K_photo.JPG

Thanx for the posting. He will be missed.

(My apologies for saying he was at the ASMIC show -- I saw his tables, but I guess I never actually saw Tom.

Somehow I never got 'the word.')

G

Tom was one of the old school dealers, honest and fair. Very very knowledgeable. Always tried to hold off and buy my ribbons from him at a show.

Rest in Peace Tom. :salute:

Looking for for 37th Division

VietNam and earlier Special Forces &

USS Hemminger DE 746 items

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

See my FB sales page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1928884587130681/pending/

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Tom was always at the Toledo shows I frequently attend, and it was always a pleasure talking to him! Very very nice man, my condolences RIP.

Pete

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

!!!!! Wanted!!!!!!!

USMC Chosin Reservoir Medal Groups

Cross Groupings: Distinguished Service Cross, Navy Cross, and Distinguished Flying Cross Medal Groups

Could never miss Tom at the Badger Show with his 45th Div flag. He spoke very highly of his son always and like many echoed was always very polite and always asked about my Dad whenever I ran into him. Will definitely miss his presence but very thankful I got to meet and deal with him.

Kyle

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Definately gonna miss him!! Tom was my ribbon/medal guy for years!! I had him looking for a Mexican Border Service Medal for me as well as some medal ribbons for a WW2 vet.. Tom will be missed by many and replaced by none. RIP Old soldier.

Fins..

That wasn't friendly fire.. If I was being 'friendly', I wouldn't have fired at them!!!

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

Tom was a good man. I was very sad to hear of his passing but at least he went quickly. We set up many times near him at shows and he was always more than willing to share information with us. While most dealers would pounce on our pricing mistakes, Tom would take the time to help us price things out (and try to convince us to join OMSA). There was an old article in the Waukesha Freeman newspaper that had his picture in with his 45th stuff. I will see if I can find it. Heaven has a new Honor Guard.

Mr.JERRY
Collector of WWI & WWII Home Front Flags, Unit Flags & Guidons,US & German helmets, insignia, uniforms, medals,

Women's Military Uniforms,Wisconsin Vocational School made Fighting Knives.

Military Shop Owner & Dealer in everything else~!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Check out our Facebook page for updates and the latest Shop news!:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Collectibles-Shop/171226792906875
Visit our website (and visit our shop if you are ever near Milwaukee, WI USA)
http://www.militarycollectorsHQ.com

See what Mr.Jerry has on eBay this week:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.jerry/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1

Now that I saw his picture associated with his Obituary, I remember Tom too. He was at several of the ASMIC nationals that I attended some years back. Always seemed to enjoy life. Great to see people like that. I hope that I learned that from him.

TEXCENTRADER

donation2015.gif

• 2 months later...

Wow, yes he was a great guy to deal with, always liked talking to him at the Indy show. He will be missed!

Paul Conrad
Still looking for quality wings!

www.conradwings.com
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

I am bored prefixing everything I say with "I think" or "in my opinion".
Everything I say is my opinion; the only thing of which I am certain is that there is very little of which one can be certain.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.