Show your painted and patched mich/ ach helmets.

VE45

TheGermanCollector

Delta force used TC2001 High Cut Mich with Petzl Head lamp and Contour camera mount and original patch on the back. I

post-11638-0-28896300-1383948384.jpg

post-11638-0-13579300-1383948389.jpg

A small grouping named to a Corporal in the 2nd BN, 12th Infantry Regiment, 4th BCT, 4th Infantry Division.

During their time in Afghanistan, the 2nd Battalion was based in the Pech River Valley, Kunar Province, home to the Korengal, Waygal, Shuriak, and Wata Pour Valleys. During its time in the Pech Valley, the 2nd Battalion saw heavy fighting throughout their Area of Responsibility at the foothills of the Hindu Kush mountains.

00112.jpg

Medium TC-2000. Date of manufacture is 12-2001. Named to a 3rd Special Forces Officer who was awarded the Silver Star for an intense ten hour firefight in Afghanistan.

If you look on the right side underneath the tan paint, you can make out a Crusaders cross and shield.

02611.jpg

02911.jpg

Another one of my favorite helmets I've picked up over the years. This helmet has some amazing tribal art work on it. On the front of the helmet is a stylized skull above the word DEATH. On the left side of the helmet is a stylized sun with the words WAR and PEACE written above it on opposite sides. The back portion of the helmet has a stylized scorpion with it's stinger dripping out what appears to be poison. On the right hand side of the helmet is written C-33.

This helmet belonged to a soldier in the 30th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 1st Battalion, 150th Armor Regiment.

The Sgt. whose name was mentioned on the helmet as being KIA, was one of five casualities the brigade suffered during their deployment to Iraq. He was killed July 27, 2004 in Baladruz, Iraq when an IED went off near his vehicle.

dscn2449.jpg
dscn2450.jpg
dscn2451.jpg
dscn2452.jpg

dscn2453.jpg
dscn2454.jpg
dscn2455.jpg

Two helmets that belonged to the same 3rd SFG soldier. On the left is a RBR F6 Combat Helmet (12-99) date with a very low serial number. The helmet on the right is a tan painted PASGT helmet that he wore during his OEF II deployment.

dscn2333.jpg

managed to keep my ach from my service (Chosin Battalion), we didn't paint, but we did camo, or "carabello hair". apparently we were the only ones authorized to sport the camo, Afghans called us the "hairy ones" and always knew when we rolled back on rotation.

post-105459-0-98375500-1384034823.jpg

Nice helmet netting. Yourselves from the 10th Mountain in Afghanistan, along with marines from 3/1 and 1/5 1st. Div. in Iraq in 2004 are the only units I have seen use netting/scrim as unit policies during OEF/OIF. Thanks for showing that one.

Here is one of mine - 1/327th 101st, this one also has one of the TBI sensors in the crown

post-98601-0-57217800-1384105486.jpg

post-98601-0-02979500-1384105506.jpg

TBI sensors would have come in handy a few times, my ACH has been repaired a few times after booms. ive never seen those sensors, that's really cool.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys, I'd like to repaint some scratchs and damage to my ACH. Matter is that its original color isnt the usual grey-green (Foliage?), but rather more like olive-drab. I have noticed that there are some different olive-drab shades out there. What's the correct paint to use on it? The supply NCOs in my unit don't know the codes, and my helmet is a second hand replacement. Also, one of the screws seems to have been krazy-glued to the nut, and won't come off. Any suggestions? Alternatively I can always leave it be. I know no one will notice anything with the cover on, but I know the damage is there. Thx!