Show your painted and patched mich/ ach helmets.

VE45

I'm starting this thread because I want to see some patched and painted mich/ ach helmets. I know there was already a thread for patched covers but I just want to see mich/ ach helmets. I'll start with my 101st HQ helmet.

Made by MSA 1-26-05 and is size large.

post-11865-1284316612.jpg

What's wrong with PAGST helmets? There are some patched covers and painted ones out there.

Here is my Ranger helmet.

dscf4126.jpg

04a375025zg4.jpg

Hi Jeremy.

Lovin' the Ranger lid,what colour is it exactly ,looks kind grey on my monitor...well cool ;)

Hi guys, knowing virtually nothing about these types of helmets, what is the difference between ach, mich and PASGT?

I have my old PASGT from my UN mission but have never seen examples of the others.

Thanks,

Rick

Hi Jeremy.

Lovin' the Ranger lid,what colour is it exactly ,looks kind grey on my monitor...well cool ;)

It is Ranger tan. It's more like light tan. :thumbsup:

Not the best of pictures, and nothing really special, but here is mine. It followed me when I retired from the Army, and then did some work in Iraq on the civvie side. I had taken the cover off, and painted it tan. The cover is back on the lid now, and used in my OIF display.

a91c217d.jpg

bf0d5e7a.jpg

Back to the the original state, with cover on the mannequin....

57f54852.jpg

I posted this yesterday under my two mich helmets, but today I took the pads out for the first time and I found a name and rank. And on the inside of the cover is the guys name and number. Its made by SDS in 2007 and is size medium.

post-11865-1284326567.jpg

Hi guys, knowing virtually nothing about these types of helmets, what is the difference between ach, mich and PASGT?

I have my old PASGT from my UN mission but have never seen examples of the others.

Thanks,

Rick

can anyone enlighten me on the differences of these helmets?

thanks

Rick

The pasgt has a bill in the front, the ach doesn't. It also has a two point chinstrap, the ach has a four point chinstrap.

The suspension in the pasgt is very simmilar to the m1 but the ach has an improved padded susspension which consists of seven pads. The user arranges them the way they want. Also the ach is a little lighter than the pasgt.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Ach and mich are the same helmet but they stand for different things. There are also a few variations of the mich/ ach that are low cut for use with headsets and other ear devices.

And to add to what VE mentions, the MICH/ACH was designed to accommodate comms equipment being worn as seen below. It also allows for better wearing while in the prone. If you have worn the PASGT in the past, you will know how it would ride forward over the eyes when in the prone and trying to engage with your rifle, etc.. AND much more comfortable when wearing a brain bucket for hours/days on end.

f24d2d17.jpg

430825a2.jpg

It is Ranger tan. It's more like light tan. :thumbsup:

Nice one,I think my monitor doesn't show colours to well,I guess it's similar to the bottom picture ;)

Not the best of pictures, and nothing really special, but here is mine. It followed me when I retired from the Army, and then did some work in Iraq on the civvie side. I had taken the cover off, and painted it tan. The cover is back on the lid now, and used in my OIF display.

a91c217d.jpg

bf0d5e7a.jpg

Back to the the original state, with cover on the mannequin....

57f54852.jpg

Dude is that you,you look well mean and gnarly............ :thumbsup: