Show your painted and patched mich/ ach helmets.

VE45

avidcollector

I know that this helmet isn't painted or patched but I wanted to share it because this is the helmet I use for ROTC, yes I'm in high school I'm only 15. The school don't the program no more sadly but when we had it and I signed up for it the helmet I was going to be using a PASGT and I don't like them what so ever because of weight and the suspension system and luckily I had a ACH I bought off a friend of mine and I put a NVG mount and and ARM on it to make it look cooler than everyone's PASGT. So I hope you guys enjoy the pictures.

post-151250-0-27484500-1392256621.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
avidcollector

Here one of my favorites a Ranger Lid with modified Multicam cover and a camo job underneath.

Always love to see a RANGER lid from all era's mainly the old WW2 one!!!

• 1 month later...

Had this one for a while and finally took some pictures of it. Comes out of the Fort Bragg, North Carolina area. Was used in Afghanistan in 2009 on 40 static line parachute jumps and around 100 air assault missions. Probably has a few layers of camo paint and I would assume has been refitted with pads and chinstraps at least a couple of times. -Jeremy

SF_Camo_Helmet00001.jpg

SF_Camo_Helmet00004.jpg

SF_Camo_Helmet00007.jpg

avidcollector

Had this one for a while and finally took some pictures of it. Comes out of the Fort Bragg, North Carolina area. Was used in Afghanistan in 2009 on 40 static line parachute jumps and around 100 air assault missions. Probably has a few layers of camo paint and I would assume has been refitted with pads and chinstraps at least a couple of times. -Jeremy

SF_Camo_Helmet00001.jpg

SF_Camo_Helmet00004.jpg

SF_Camo_Helmet00007.jpg

Very NICE!!! helmet wish I didn't sell my SDS helmet used in OEF, it was one salty helmet like yours.

Very NICE!!! helmet wish I didn't sell my SDS helmet used in OEF, it was one salty helmet like yours.

Thanks. I ended up paying the government for mine, a little pricey but something I am glad I hung on to. Here is another helmet I have had for a while which comes from Kilo Company 3/6 Marines. -Jeremy

3-6%20Marines%20LWH00001.jpg

3-6%20Marines%20LWH00002.jpg

3-6%20Marines%20LWH00003.jpg

3-6%20Marines%20LWH00004.jpg

3-6%20Marines%20LWH00005.jpg

3-6%20Marines%20LWH00006.jpg

3-6%20Marines%20LWH00007.jpg

Here are few more of my 101st patched helmets in my small 101st Airborne display.

The first photo are two of my early ACHs with OD green helmet patches. Both are 506th BCT helmets. The second is a OIF1 patched 327th BCT helmet.

post-3697-0-34014700-1396645721.jpg

post-3697-0-06454200-1396645872.jpg

MODERATOR NOTICE: I just finished cleaning up a full page of posts which thook this thread off track. For clarity, please do not post helmets which have been collector modified. We'd like to keep this to legitimately used helmets. Also, if there is a discussion about selling a helmet and the nuances associated with it, please take it to private messages. Thanks!

avidcollector

Sorry knocking this thread off track with a some stupid post, but my big question is, were do you all obtain and get your helmets, and whats usually the price range, 4 out of the 5 helmets I have ether traded friends for stuff, or were given to me, thanks and again sorry for knocking things off track.

• 5 weeks later...
vonradmil

Here is some pics of MY original 2004 issue MiCH or ACH as they are called now. This is from Iraq of course. I was in Aco 1/506th AASLT IN. You can see the Curahee "bug" patch on the back, normally just worn on the boonie hat, but some of us put them on our helmets as well. These Currahee "bug" patches are now extremely rare of course only a couple thousand were made, and they were made in Korea and given to everyone in the Battalion prior to our deployment, and they were required to be sewn on our boonie hats. Well like I said some of us sewed an extra one on our ACH. Also on the back is the IR tape and patch. post-130463-0-61936700-1399489147.jpg

vonradmil

Here is another EXTREMELY rare helmet of mine. This is a New Iraqi Army Kevlar helmet that was cut down and modified to look like a Spec Ops helmet. This started life as one of the Iraqi Army typical Kevlars that were issued to them. Of course the ever resourceful Iraqis saw the SF wearing cut down helmets and so the Iraqi Scouts, SF and other's came up with this version. It is outfitted with an ACH padding conversion kit. and painted with Velcro and IR tape. I flat out traded a regular issue US ACH helmet and some other stuff for this one to one of the Iraqis, and it is basically unused, since I got it before it was issued. They were manufacturing these in their maint shop, as a member of an Iraqi Army MiTT team, I was around the Iraqi Army all the time. post-130463-0-58707000-1399489702.jpg

vonradmil

Here is another helmet of mine. it dates from 2007. If you look at my post about the Iraqi custom cut down helmet you will see a resemblance to this one. Since I showed an interested and did some fancy trading to the Iraqis for that one, I commissioned them to make me one but more "US" Style. I supplied all of the suspension so it is all straight out of a US ACH, however, this started life as one of the Iraqi Army typical Kevlars that were issued to them. They were manufacturing these in their maint shop, as a member of an Iraqi Army MiTT team, I was around the Iraqi Army all the time. I wore this from time to time, mostly at night and mostly when I would not get the butt chewing for not wearing standard issue stuff.

post-130463-0-29273400-1399490319.jpg

Mercenary25

Here is some pics of MY original 2004 issue MiCH or ACH as they are called now. This is from Iraq of course. I was in Aco 1/506th AASLT IN. You can see the Curahee "bug" patch on the back, normally just worn on the boonie hat, but some of us put them on our helmets as well. These Currahee "bug" patches are now extremely rare of course only a couple thousand were made, and they were made in Korea and given to everyone in the Battalion prior to our deployment, and they were required to be sewn on our boonie hats. Well like I said some of us sewed an extra one on our ACH. Also on the back is the IR tape and patch. attachicon.gifEric ACH.jpg

Very nice and very unique. Out of curiosity, isn't 1/506 part of the 101st Airborne Division? If so, wouldn't you guys wear spades?

vonradmil

Very nice and very unique. Out of curiosity, isn't 1/506 part of the 101st Airborne Division? If so, wouldn't you guys wear spades?

Actually the 506th did not return to the 101st until late 2005. During the 2004-2005 deployment, the 506th Belonged technically to the 2nd Infantry Division, however in 2004 it was attached to the 1st Marine Division, and later in 2005 the 2nd Marine Division. So Soldiers who served with the 506 can actually wear the 1st or 2nd Mar Div patches as their combat patch, which we loved to do, because it really pissed the Marines off. So to your question about the Spades, no we did not wear them, many wondered and I am sure wanted to wear the classic WWII spades, but since we were not actually assigned to an Airborne or Air Assault Division, that was simply not an option I suppose. We did get away with countless infractions to the uniform regulations, since our BN Commander, a full bird Colonel, not just a LTC had some serious balls.