Question About Duck Hunter Camouflage Suit

VMI88

I've seen some good posts recently on Vietnam-era duck hunter camo, so I thought I'd show some pictures of a set I found about 10 years ago at a flea market. The guy I bought them from had no idea what they were.

The set is obviously Asian-made from the cheap construction, Hama zipper, and plastic Asian buttons. There are no labels or markins on the set anywhere that I can find. There's a cloth loop inside the collar, and two loops on the back of the collar. Has anyone seen this pattern before?

post-265-1186859590.jpg

Thanks,

Bill

Hi,

Nice set, this camo set was made in Japan during the 60s (HAMA zip was used on several Tiger Stripe uniforms), and it was worn in Vietnam, I ve seen several pictures of US Advisor wearing it, I will try to find them and post it for you

Cheers

• 1 year later...

I posted this set of duck hunter camouflage almost two years ago and got a couple of responses, which I appreciate. However, I see that the long pinned thread on beogam patterns has grown significantly since then, so I wanted to bring it back to the top to see if there was any additional information on my set.

I know almost nothing about the duck hunter pattern uniforms other than seeing them in original photos, and of course on this forum. Are there any good references available?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi,

I try to keep my promise... , if you have a book US Airborne Vietnam by Kevin Lyles, you will see in pages 62 an paratrooper wearing this pattern during the Laos invasion in 71.

Cheers

pwmiraldi67
Hi,

I try to keep my promise... , if you have a book US Airborne Vietnam by Kevin Lyles, you will see in pages 62 an paratrooper wearing this pattern during the Laos invasion in 71.

Cheers

Hey Cop

Your incorrect, thats a Ranger with the 101st and he's wearing a set of the ROK Marine Noodle pattern, NOT the US duck hunter.

the only way to get this camo was to trade with a ROK Marine and the only place to meet and hang with em was at RECONDO school.

paul

post-2472-1242019176.jpg

post-2472-1242019263.jpg

I posted this set of duck hunter camouflage almost two years ago and got a couple of responses, which I appreciate. However, I see that the long pinned thread on beogam patterns has grown significantly since then, so I wanted to bring it back to the top to see if there was any additional information on my set.

I know almost nothing about the duck hunter pattern uniforms other than seeing them in original photos, and of course on this forum. Are there any good references available?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill

I saw just one pics of this type of Duckhunter worn in Vietnam by an Marine soldier is little book about Marines snipers

I had one set like yours in my collection named to a Marine

The shirt is one time hand marking with US(globe a anchor hand design)MC under the rigth pocket and name hand marking under the left pocket

In second time the guy removed the first hand marking to put iron stencil (globe achor) on the left pocket and stencil name under the left pocket too

The pants is modified with internals legs renforcements

I try to post some pics of this set next week

Cheers Jerome

PS we can found Japan made and Hong Kong made in this pattern type and cut

Hey That is a picture of me in the ROK cammo

owen

Time after time i really believe that you work for ELITE top models agency Owen :lol:

J

Military Man machine .

They are based in Belfast .

You can only get in if you are really good looking and have over 3 sets of Beogam

o