Replicaters USMC Dress Blues?

1917Corpsman

I'm curious about the Replicaters.com USMC dress blues uniforms they make. Has anybody seen them before? How is the fabric wear on it? I'm hoping it's better than the AEF Supply ones.

Richard

I have heard nothing but horror stories about this vendor. They advertise stuff but when you try to order, they tell you that you need to tell them how to make it. A buddy sent an original set of WW2 MP leather gear to make new ones, and he got back a terrible product, along with original set, all taken apart and the stitches ripped out, all the leather was in flat pieces dumped in the bottom of the box! :thumbdown:

I have heard nothing but horror stories about this vendor. They advertise stuff but when you try to order, they tell you that you need to tell them how to make it. A buddy sent an original set of WW2 MP leather gear to make new ones, and he got back a terrible product, along with original set, all taken apart and the stitches ripped out, all the leather was in flat pieces dumped in the bottom of the box! :thumbdown:

Thanks for the heads up. Really do appreciate it!

I too have only heard bad things about their uniforms. Shiny poly materials, things not being properly cut to size, etc. I would personally avoid them.

WWII Impressions is selling the blues. While they are expensive, the quality is spectacular. My husband bought a set (in fact, he is featured on the WWII Imp homepage) and we could not be more pleased. I highly recommend them.

I too have only heard bad things about their uniforms. Shiny poly materials, things not being properly cut to size, etc. I would personally avoid them.

WWII Impressions is selling the blues. While they are expensive, the quality is spectacular. My husband bought a set (in fact, he is featured on the WWII Imp homepage) and we could not be more pleased. I highly recommend them.

Is that photo from Fort Washita?

The ones on WWII Impressions look excellent. I'll have to cover the EGA holes with the same blue wool. Thank you for the suggestion!

My husband just covered them with his EGAs, they aren't visible at all. I'm assuming they put the grommet holes in for convenience sake or because reenactors would cry about having to punch a hole in a uniform.

I have dealt with Replicaters and so have quite a few of my friends, so I am speaking from personal experience. Do not, I repeat DO NOT deal with this company. The prices are attractive, the quality can range from fantastic to down right sh!t, the customer service is so-so at best.

My husband just covered them with his EGAs, they aren't visible at all. I'm assuming they put the grommet holes in for convenience sake or because reenactors would cry about having to punch a hole in a uniform.

We did it because it just makes for a better quality garment. :thumbsup:

crazychevelleman

Here is my WWii Impressions uniforms. You Decide. Also I will show a pic of Me fresh out of boot in the 80's for compairson.

USMCmyblues001-Copy2.jpg

11-28-2009083921AM.jpg11-28-2009084425AM.jpg

11-30-2009124934PM.jpg

P9250009.jpg

P9250010.jpg

P9250012.jpg

P9250017.jpg

P9250023.jpg

• 3 months later...
American Heritage

Just to clarify, these blues are original period ww2, correct? I might have misunderstood about the "impressions" term - re-enactors use original items too and not just repros? Please clue me in here. These are stunning uniforms if original!

Also, I notice the fourragere is OVER the shoulder strap I assume because the stap is sewn down on the privately tailored uniforms??

thanks.

• 3 weeks later...