Show your WWI Studio Photographs

Jeffrey Magut

3) 1st Corp Arty soldiers with "Uncle Sam".

Back says "Uncle Sam, Fred Miller and myself Armistice Day November 11, 1921 Spirit Lake Iowa"

post-518-1185336773.jpg

Here are a few more...

1) Wounded 1st Div Engineer

And a fine example of an enlisted man wearing officer's collar insignia. You see this regularly with MTC, but not as often with the other branches. Very nice image!

And a fine example of an enlisted man wearing officer's collar insignia. You see this regularly with MTC, but not as often with the other branches. Very nice image!

Thanks Jeff. And in the spirit of keeping this thread going, here are a few more images.

1) 3rd Div soldier who was either arty or trench mortar. Can't tell for sure. Looks like his Victory ribbon has about 5 stars. Can anyone tell me what the first award is?

post-518-1185497238.jpg

vintageproductions
blkdoughboy.jpgHere's one we used for a show postcard a few years back. These guys had taste with their souvenirs.

2) Clarence Mosser of the 3rd Div Co. B Arty? TM? Victory ribbon has 4 stars. His 3rd div patch is the finer quality variation made from a velvet material. It's pretty interesting to see that there was some attempt to edit his left collar disc on the original negative. His left collar disc has the U.S. with a regimental number below it. Unfortunately, I can't make out what it is. Can any one pull this guy's info up? I have no luck researching WWI on the NET.

post-518-1185497798.jpg

post-492-1185497516.jpgHere's one we used for a show postcard a few years back. These guys had taste with their souvenirs.

Great image! Love it! Thanks for sharing this one thumbsup.gif

Hello.

To continue the series.

78 HT Inf.Div. - 312 HT Inf - Co "C" or "G". Oversea Stripes

What means the piècede fabric with the bottom of the left sleeve?

regards sol.

post-241-1185725631.jpg

A couple more for today...

1) Very sharp image of a 4th Division Medical officer. Nice variation of the 4th Div patch. He has 4 stars to his Victory ribbon and 3 on the other.

post-518-1185926316.jpg

Here is a nice WWI or earlier USN image ( Studio card ) . No photographer imprint though. I love the gunpointer specialty marks .

navy.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

A couple more to bring this thread back to the top!

1) Some Yankee Division soldiers during occupation duties in Trier, Germany December 16, 1918

post-518-1187912474.jpg

2) 86th Division doughboy wearing an applied variant patch. There's something directly above the eagle's head that I cannot make out. All examples I've seen to date (and those aren't many...) do not have anything above the head. Another variant?

post-518-1187913084.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, I thought I would draw a few comments possibly questioning my sanity with this last post. This is a photo from my collection of "Queen". She was the mascot of Battery E, 137th Field Artillery. This image was most likely taken when the unit was at Camp Shelby in 1917.

post-629-1183856407.jpg

Terry,

This photo interests me a great deal. Any info on the back ? Its just a hunch but it kinda looks like the area of the Proving Ground in Clearspring MD where testing of the 37mm gun took place in WW1. I have been working on finding info on the grounds for several years. All the information on the proving ground located at the National Archives has been lost or misplaced.

Regards,

Bob

Hey guys. Glad to see this thread is back up & running. I do enjoy having you share your studio portraits with us. Please keep it going!

I decided to post more of my WWI portrait collection in the display section. Please stop by if you get the chance. And if you can help me ID a thing or two, by all means, feel free to say so!

-Chuck

• 1 month later...