1st MAC Artillery Varient

Metalstud2003

Looks good to me. As far as I know the variant with golden cannons (that are usually embroidered in the upper section of the red diamond) is a rather scarce patch. Great find!

I don't like it, to be honest... The edge on front not like original WWII... Appears to be sort of cheap, sparse stitching especially in red diamond... White threads on back look too coarse.

My general feeling is that it's good but I have reservations. I understand what patchguy is saying. Perhaps the problem is the low quality of your scan. If we could get a much better picture front & back. The size is great, just need more pixels. I must say the yellow in the cannon looks a little lighter yellow than I remember it should be. At least the cannon are off-set as they seem to be in every one that I've seen. Keep in mind this is a hard patch to get and has been fetching $100-$200 so there would be a good reason to replicate it. Jon.

Picked up this patch a few days ago. Looking for opinions..... Is it real or fake???? :think:

Thanks..

Hi i too saw this,the other patches for sale looked suspect so i passed, this was the only patch that looked good ,i believe if memory serves me he had airborne ones that were similar construction vertical ribbed woven, there were other theatre-made patches as well , but there was something with the construction and overall look (other patches) i did not like ,kinda between theatre-made and US manufactured WWII patch :think: . Sorry cant add anymore but this was the only one i would of bid on,however checking other patches did not bid . Have you UV to check to see if it glows, if not its a start , possible burn test to check if cotton etc.. One more thing vertical ribbed woven is fine as i and others have.-Hope it works out OK-Phill

My general feeling is that it's good but I have reservations. I understand what patchguy is saying. Perhaps the problem is the low quality of your scan. If we could get a much better picture front & back. The size is great, just need more pixels. I must say the yellow in the cannon looks a little lighter yellow than I remember it should be. At least the cannon are off-set as they seem to be in every one that I've seen. Keep in mind this is a hard patch to get and has been fetching $100-$200 so there would be a good reason to replicate it. Jon.

I will see what I can do for a photo. The orginal one I tried to post was to big and I had to knock it down a size to fit.

Hi i too saw this,the other patches for sale looked suspect so i passed, this was the only patch that looked good ,i believe if memory serves me he had airborne ones that were similar construction vertical ribbed woven, there were other theatre-made patches as well , but there was something with the construction and overall look (other patches) i did not like ,kinda between theatre-made and US manufactured WWII patch :think: . Sorry cant add anymore but this was the only one i would of bid on,however checking other patches did not bid . Have you UV to check to see if it glows, if not its a start , possible burn test to check if cotton etc.. One more thing vertical ribbed woven is fine as i and others have.-Hope it works out OK-Phill

Yes, it passed the UV test and burn test.....