B-17 DATA PLATE

ram957

There are some plates out there made for contracted aircraft that ended up not being built. But I wonder if your did? Check out this info from http://www.abcdlist.nl/boeing_seattle_01.html

b17g.jpg

If that is the same aircraft, then it was in service according to a Google search using: "B-17" "43-37676"

There are some plates out there made for contracted aircraft that ended up not being built. But I wonder if your did? Check out this info from http://www.abcdlist.nl/boeing_seattle_01.html

post-214-1284210457.jpg

If that is the same aircraft, then it was in service according to a Google search using: "B-17" "43-37676"

Thanks for the info...it seems the plane was built but should I be concerned about the lack of a date stamp ??

Cobrahistorian

It's a legit stamp, but I'm intrigued that it doesn't have the aircraft's serial number on it. It has the Boeing construction number and a good Wartime contract number, but no serial.

Lets see what we can dig up on the bird's history.

Jon

Cobrahistorian

Apparently 43-37676 served with the 351st Bomb Group's 509th Squadron, was coded RQ*L and was flown by Lt. Kenneth McCall.

This is the manufacturer's data plate. There would be an Army Air Force data plate as well with the USAAF serial on it.

Can we see the back?

Here's a link for the repro data plates. Data plates

I think it's legit.

Apparently 43-37676 served with the 351st Bomb Group's 509th Squadron, was coded RQ*L and was flown by Lt. Kenneth McCall.

This is the manufacturer's data plate. There would be an Army Air Force data plate as well with the USAAF serial on it.

Can we see the back?

Here's a link for the repro data plates. Data plates

I think it's legit.

REAR OF PLATE

post-13070-1284216309.jpg