Bugs Bunny patches

48MMS

Bugs Bunny has always been my favorite cartoon comedian, so I wanted to see examples of Bugs in the military. I have one, the 486th Bombardment Squadron, and will look forward to other examples. . . . .

post-1443-1283976191.jpg

Couple more for you. The 14 TRS is the hard to find US made one, from Mt Home AFB mid 60s. The 530 CCTS was an FB-111 unit at Plattsburgh in the late 70s.

Randy

post-8832-1283979456.jpg

Hey 48MMS, I know these aren't photos but here's a list of patches I know of that have either "Bugs Bunny" and or "Look Alike" types on them, 90th Fighter Sqd,315th Fighter Sqd,503rd Fighter Sqd,435th Fighter Sqd,421st Night Fighter Sqd,425th Night Fighter Sqd,1454th Aeromed Evacuation Sqd, 22nd Tow Target Sqd,427th Bomb Sqd,97th Bomb Sqd,324th Bomb Sqd(WW2)324th Bomb Sqd(post war),440th Bomb Sqd,463rd Bomb Sqd,495th Bomb Sqd,536th Bomb Sqd,548th Bomb Sqd,575th Bomb Sqd,597th Bomb Sqd,703rd Bomb sqd"Crew 73",733rd Bomb Sqd, Army AAF Bombardier School San Angelo-Texas,Bombardier School Victorville-Calif,Kingman Field Gunnery School-Arizona,Victory Field-Vernon Texas, 1st Glider group 4th Section, Advanced Glider School-Lubbock Texas, VF-95,VT-6(torpedo-6),VT-30,VB/VT-36, USN Shutterbugs",VB-9,VPB-103,VC-42,VC-21,VS-69,USS Apogon,VMF-121,VMF-217,VMSB-142,VMTB-242,SMS-43,SMS-62, 1st Combat Cargo Sqd/and Group,7th Combat Cargo Sqd,158th Liaison Sqd.

Sorry I'm not able to load these to view but all have Bugs or a likeness of bugs on thier designs.

Here are 2 USAF ones, 14th Fighter Squadron and 664th Radar Squadron

Mark

Mark the 14th is the Recon sqd not fighter, note the camera as the main "fuselage" part .

Here is one of my favorites, Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City, North Carolina Search and Rescue.

Mark

had this same patch many years ago, nice !!!!!!

Mark the 14th is the Recon sqd not fighter, note the camera as the main "fuselage" part .

Mark is correct, this is a Friday patch of the current 14 Fighter Sq, based at Misawa, Japan. They inherited the 14 TRS history, not the 14 FS history. Most likely because their sister sq is the 13 FS, which uses a black panther, and the original 14 FS also used a black panther. Guess they had to come up with something to differentiate them.

Randy

The patch is a Heritage patch of the 14th Fighter Squadron, a modern day patch with velcro.

14th Photographic Reconnaissance Squadron (1942 - 1943)

14th Photographic Squadron (L) (1943)

14th Photographic Reconnaissance Squadron (1943 - 1945)

14th Reconnaissance Squadron (P) (1947 - 1949)

14th Troop Carrier Squadron (M) (1952 - 1953)

14th Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron (1966 - 1975)

14th Tactical Fighter Squadron (1984 - 1991) inactive from 1984 - 1987(squadron on paper), activated in 1987

14th Fighter Squadron (1991 - present)

hope the lineage right

Mark

I think this is supposed to be a Bugs Bunny....not sure if Disney would ever claim it though. He looks a little "airsick". I think this is for the 324th Bomb Squadron. Thanks!

post-2063-1284163407.jpg

Hunter- Disney would never claim Bugs...he is a Warner Brothers cartoon character. Your Bugs would probably not be claimed by Chuck Jones.

(Yes Bob, I am a Disney Geek.)

Sufferin' succotash you're right! Oh well, that's all from me, folks!

Hunter- Disney would never claim Bugs...he is a Warner Brothers cartoon character. Your Bugs would probably not be claimed by Chuck Jones.

(Yes Bob, I am a Disney Geek.)

Mark is correct, this is a Friday patch of the current 14 Fighter Sq, based at Misawa, Japan. They inherited the 14 TRS history, not the 14 FS history. Most likely because their sister sq is the 13 FS, which uses a black panther, and the original 14 FS also used a black panther. Guess they had to come up with something to differentiate them.

Randy

Well I'm surpirsed that they didn't at least change the design somewhat, leaving the "Recon" camera in the design is somewhat of a misleading detail, usually a unit will change an older patch when an aspect like this is in the design, I've seen others do this , they could have kept the basic overall and just changed the camera to a fuselage shape .

Just my opinion.

I think this is supposed to be a Bugs Bunny....not sure if Disney would ever claim it though. He looks a little "airsick". I think this is for the 324th Bomb Squadron. Thanks!

This is one of two versions the 324th Bomb sqd of the 91st Bomb Group had , I think he was called the "Blue Bunny" in refference to the electrically heated suits the crewman wore that were a light blue overall like they wore, the other design was of a "Bugs" like rabbit wearing an old WW-1 tin helmet leaning against a cloud while holding an aerial bomb under one arm and his carrot , also wearing fleece boots, there is a runway and a hangar in the distance behind him .

Well I'm surpirsed that they didn't at least change the design somewhat, leaving the "Recon" camera in the design is somewhat of a misleading detail, usually a unit will change an older patch when an aspect like this is in the design, I've seen others do this , they could have kept the basic overall and just changed the camera to a fuselage shape .

Just my opinion.

Johnny-

This is their Friday/heritage patch. The 14 FS is known as the Samurai and the actual approved patch is a Samurai warrior riding a lightning bolt. The Bugs patch is unofficial and worn for special occasions. May USAF do this with their older emblems that have been replaced.

Randy

• 7 months later...
Garth Thompson

Would any of you squadron patch guys please ID this one; bugs bunny with a bomb.

TIA,

Garth

post-83-1303666053.jpg

Bugs Bunny was a Warner Brothers character - not Disney - and there were lots of bomb squadrons which used Bugs. It looks like his foot is on an aircraft carrier in yours so its liekly Navy. I'll move this to a Bugs patch thread to see if it gets some more response.

Garth Thompson
Bugs Bunny was a Warner Brothers character - not Disney - and there were lots of bomb squadrons which used Bugs. It looks like his foot is on an aircraft carrier in yours so its liekly Navy. I'll move this to a Bugs patch thread to see if it gets some more response.

Thanks, I just did a seperate posting requesting an ID of the patch so it doesn't get lost in the crowd.

Garth