Unknown Mighty Mouse patch. Navy? Air Force? Can U ID?

Siamundo

Hello, I have this nice and colorful patch but sadly no identification to go with it. It is about 4.5" across and embroidered on a blue twill base. My first guess is possibly a US Navy squadron but only a guess. I am not sure what Mighty Mouse is holding above his head-a siren?, a speaker? some type of sonar/radar device? That might be the key to identifying this. Thank you for your help!

post-2744-1283740857.jpg

Could it be a Panama unit? The US did have troops down there...Best ABN

Not sure but I think you may be looking at Mighty Micky Mouse. Face is Micky and suit is wrong color. The real Mighty Mouse had a yellow suit and a totaly different face. It may not even be military. Disney made a big push for recognition is South American in the early 60's and this may possibly be part of that. Maybe one of the Disney guru's may have more info.

Thanks to everyone. I too was thinking it might be a unit based in Central or South America because of his position on the map. I think there were a couple of Army Aviaition units which were based at Ft. Kobbe, Panama whose patch designs also incorporated a similar map. The larger size and round shape still make me think US Navy though. His face does resemble Mickey Mouse, but even though the color is off his body and super hero outfit seem to more resemble Mighty Mouse. Some sort of mouse hybrid :)

Johnny Signor

I still lean towards it being "Mighty Mouse" too, they probably made it a little different so as to not infrigne on thier "copywright" and I also am thinking Navy, Either a Blimp, Patrol or possibly search/rescue type .

Keep looking around ,I have found that many were "Unofficial" types and not approved by the proper emblem big wigs but made/worn just the same, you mught want to try the "tailhook association" out of Calif, they have a good historian there that may be able to ID it, look up Doug Siegfried .