Lets see how many remember this

hawkdriver

it would be nice to bring home, but it's 3/4 inch plywood and 2 x 3 in size. I may try

Find someone from an Engineer unit with a table saw (or something with a narrower cut) and have them cut it in half or in thirds... down to a size that will fit into one of those new fangled foot lockers. You can put it back together stateside.....

Certain members of your United States Air Service who are working in the MAC loadmaster or crew chief AFSC might be very kindly toward seeing that it finds a small quiet spot next to something on a flight home!

B)

That's exactly the kind of thing that years in the future, museums will wish they had one of. It's always the stuff like this few people think to preserve!

I don't collect OIF/OEF, but that is very cool. Anyone who has been to the Imperial War Museum has probably seen the wall of trench signs from WWI. Few in 1919 thought to preserve signs like that, but the IWM did and now it is one of the coolest displays in the musuem. How much would something like that cost to be shipped CONUS?

Ian

I don't collect OIF/OEF, but that is very cool. Anyone who has been to the Imperial War Museum has probably seen the wall of trench signs from WWI. Few in 1919 thought to preserve signs like that, but the IWM did and now it is one of the coolest displays in the musuem. How much would something like that cost to be shipped CONUS?

Ian

Based on weight and size, I would think about $40

Based on weight and size, I would think about $40

I still kick myself for not bringing one of these back from Iraq in 07. Ours were bit smaller and made of thin sheet metal. We never really used them on our trucks since we figured that in practice they were kinda dumb, but they are a really neat item and will always be representative of our involvement in Iraq.

I'd LOVE to have something like that for my basement wall. Since I own an M1009 CUCV Blazer, I'd REALLY like to have one for the back of it, as well LOL.

I'd LOVE to have something like that for my basement wall. Since I own an M1009 CUCV Blazer, I'd REALLY like to have one for the back of it, as well LOL.

Well, if nothing else, you now have the pattern for one! It's just 3/4 in plywood.

Great find! Make a box with it. Use it as the bottom with the painted side inside and then build four sides and a top. Ship some of your lighter uniforms home. Many ww2 vets sent German items home that way. Personally...I would not cut it up.

In OIF 1 before they started mounting these signs on the backs of the Humvees, we had armed our gunners with 12 ga. shotguns. If "GET OFF MY VEHICLE!" Didn't work, Mr. 12 guage pointed in their direction always did!!! Nothing says back off like the muzzle of a 12 guage pointed at your head!!!

Wayne