VIETNAM SWIMMING TRUNKS "tiger stripe"

beogam

Very nice, I love the zip on the hip thumbsup.gif .

Usually, only woman clothes have zip sewn like it, this is a first time I see on a swim trunk for man. Great item anyway

SUITE TIGER TRUNKS PATTERN

I still have the pair issued to me when I reported in to 1st Recon at Camp Reasoner in early 1967. Mine looked much like the ones in post #8. These were issued to all of the 1st Recon companies, if/when they were available, when I was there (mine were second-hand and had previously belonged to a WIA who was rotated back to CONUS).

I noticed a couple examples posted here have a side zipper but I never saw any in Nam that didn't have a front fly/zipper. Mine had a small metal clip at the inside top of the waistband but it pulled out within a month or so and I had the local Vietnamese/VC tailor put a button/button hole on them as a replacement.

Unfortunately, over the years, mine must have shrunk during storage in my seabag as they no longer fit me. crying.gif At our 1996 platoon reunion, my middle daughter wore them to the hospitality room a couple times, just for nostalgia and everyone got a big kick out of it.

Obviously these trunks were worn by some troops in Nam but I have never seen a SEAL wearing them, I have 1000's of private pics from Team 1 and 2 guys and they are just wearing the tan issue trunks or cut off greens/ERDLs.

DEAR SPIKE

YES , I TRY TO FIND SOME PICS OF UDT OR SEALs WHO S WEARING SOME TIGER TRUNKS ON INTERNET BUT EVERY TIME THEM WEARING TAN STANDARD ISSUE

TRUNKS

I BELIEVE THIS TYPE OF TRUNKS IS WEARING BY SEALs BECAUSE ONE I BUY

IS NORMALY CAME FROM DOC BARNES OF SEAL TEAM 2 (the first tadpole pattern i show) BUT MAYBE THE SELLER LIE TO ME

REGARDS JEROME

I'm pretty sure there was no "Doc" Barnes in SEAL 2 during Nam, there was a "Barnes" in Team 1 though, I have copies of all his pictures, guys just wearing tan trunks. I do have a photo album I bought off EBAY last year that has some Marine Recon guys in it and I think one of the guys is wearing tiger shorts but they may be cut down pants.

• 1 month later...
They look like pants cut down into shorts which I'm sure was pretty common.

HI SPIKE,

IS WHAT FOR I WRITE SHORT AND NOT TRUNKS

ON THIS PICS I REALLY THINK IS TRUNK WHO SWEARING THIS GUY

post-1486-1189682745.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

DEAR COLECTORS

SOME PICS OF MARINES TRUNKS MADE IN OKINAWA BUT I DON T KNOW

IF THIS TYPE IS MADE IN VIETNAM WAR TIME AND WORN IN VN

REGARDS JEROME

post-1486-1191338382.jpg