VIETNAM SWIMMING TRUNKS "tiger stripe"

beogam

• 6 months later...
BOB K. RKSS

Here's a pair of Tiger Stripe Cut-off trousers ~ Shorts; that I have in My collection, & will be selling.

post-283-1208261789.jpg

Here's a pair of Tiger Stripe Cut-off trousers ~ Shorts; that I have in My collection, & will be selling.

DEAR BOB

YOUR SHORT IS RECENTLY PRODUCT TIGER STRIPE

CHEERS JEROME

I've had them since the 1970's. Why do You say they are not original? Thanks, BOB

Hi Bob

BeLieve me Bob the pattern use for you short is not Vietnam era

Is hunting clothing pattern

Cheers Jerome

Bob,

I confirm, your short, even made during the 70s is made from the commercial pattern, and we think it was done after the end of the Vietnma war

Those shorts are NOT made of real VN tigerstripe, it's made from that lame looking stripe that was out in the late 70's/early 80's....I still see shirts and pants made of that same pattern nowadays.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1ER SAMPLE J.W DENSE TIGER PATTERN

These would have to be US made or made in RVN. They were not issued to UDT/SEALs. Brigade Quatermaster and others carried these and a all black model. Khaki or tan were the only official issue. SEALs, Divers, SF, Marine Recon and Air Force PJs, Combat Controlers, and Special Tactics all are issued them. SEALs tend to wear black or navy blue nylon shorts most of the time now.

• 1 month later...

Hi ALL

One of my last aquisition Tiger Trunk made with Okinawa Tiger twill (like Toguchi or Togucha tailors)

I not expert with embroidery is Japanese made or Vietnamese ????

Cheers J

post-1486-1250261943.jpg