M65 cold weather pants?

B.A.R.gunner

Had these for a while, and just dug them up yesterday. I googled around to try and find out some info on these, but i couldnt find anything. They are the same material the m65 field jackets are, and have the same snaps, but no buttons. I haven't seen any others, so is this like a rare type thing, or am i just not looking hard enough for info? They are dated 78, and i had a pair of pant liners that fit in, also 78. anyone know anything about these?

post-11724-1283524458.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
yo!!!!!!! i want those!!!!!!!!!!!! how much noob?
ist

I dont think so phil, I've never seen these before, Im keeping them, they were free from my dads friend. Plus the zipper is messed up

(pvp)

Here are some pictures of soldiers wearing what I think are the same pants at Ft. Benning in 1967. In every shot I've seen of these pants, the soldier is wearing the straps around the thighs.

post-1761-1284601501.jpg

There is a stack of all sizes here in town at the surplus store for $20. Some are M65s and the pair I bought was unissued. There are some M1951s in the same pile that are used but good, same price. Found another pair in my size at a swap meet, unissued for $3. They're pretty cheap on ebay. I wear mine quite a bit since they're so "modern" and from what I have seen, not too pricey or rare.

Wore them a lot in Alaska. You can find the od ones all the time but the camo ones are difficult to find

I remember being issue the o.d. version in 1989, even though we were wearing BDUs and camouflaged field jackets at the time.

I remember being issue the o.d. version in 1989, even though we were wearing BDUs and camouflaged field jackets at the time.

When I was stationed at Polk in the early 80's some of the guys in my company were issued them. I was only ever issued the OD ones. As a side while I was in Germany with the 3rd AD we turned in all of our cold weather issue pants,shirts parka's and black vb boots.Germany was also the only place that I wore a field jacket to the field