Simply Awful!

Dirty175

As for these new Army uniforms...well, all I can say is what the heck was somebody thinking? This is the beaurocratic higherachy of the US Govt/Military at work. Shoot, they probably spent millions on commitees and scientific panels to determine what would be the most inpractical, despised, and ugly uniforms that they could come up with. Afterall, they need jobs too and this gave them something to do!

Actually, as has already been pointed out by several people in this thread, including myself, this was the work of one individual: GEN Peter Schoomaker. Yes, there were tests, surveys, experiments, etc. and GEN Schoomaker ignored them all and did what he wanted to do.

Brian Dentino
Actually, as has already been pointed out by several people in this thread, including myself, this was the work of one individual: GEN Peter Schoomaker. Yes, there were tests, surveys, experiments, etc. and GEN Schoomaker ignored them all and did what he wanted to do.

Ok, but even GENERALS need something to do to justify their existance........don't they? :unsure:

Riechfeldmarschall Herman Goering used to design his own garish "comic opera" uniforms...so it's not without precedence!

Sabrejet

Reminds me of a story...

Actually supposed to be a joke on the military red tape. But it looks and looks more and more like reality.

An inventor goes to the Pentagon and asks for the general in charge of weapons development.

A four-star general receives him.

"General, I have a new idea for a bomb."

"And what does your bomb do? How is it that powerful? We use bombs all the time!"

"General, this bomb will end all wars. This bomb destroys paper only and produces no casualties!" says the inventor.

The general thinks "oh my God! Another one with nuts loose on his head."

He thinks for awhile. In the end, he says "fill this form in triplicate, this form in 4 parts, this form in 5 copies, and this other form in duplicate, and we will contact you."

The inventor'reply is:

"See?"

Take care,

Luis R.

Brian Dentino
Riechfeldmarschall Herman Goering used to design his own garish "comic opera" uniforms...so it's not without precedence!

Sabrejet

See Ian, now THATS EXACTLY what I was talking about!!!!! :laughing1:

Can't wait to see the cold weather version of the Mars Digital uniform......that has got to be something. :twothumbup: I hear that Coach is designing the new MOLLE gear to go with the Mars Digi as well....that should be good too!

Sabrejet

Is there a "database" somewhere that has photos of all his uniforms?

This all reminds me of the "tanker uniform" that George S. Patton designed.

At least Army's uniforms look better than THIS.

Nigerianmilitiamarijuanagangstergan.jpg

PFC Haitian Special Forces "Dragon Brigade". It's urban camouflage.

Sabrejet

post-8022-1283274891.jpg

This is a sharp uniform.

Sabrejet

Nobody is disputing the appearance of the Army Service Uniform/ Dress Blues. The issues are practicality, cost, and appropriateness. The U.S. Army has gotten rid of what was considered business attire (Class-A's) and combined it with a semi formal tuxedo (Dress Blues) and then they tried to tell its Soldiers that they voted for it and they wanted it. That is clearly not the case. Having one dress uniform takes away from the formality of traditional events. Now we wear the same uniform to honor our fallen comrades that a recruiter wears to the mall to make a sales pitch to high school kids. And there is no beret in out inventory that compliments this uniform. We are a nation at war and our Soldiers deserve to feel special; they should want to wear their uniforms and right now they dont.

The responses/hits this thread has attracted in its short life are quite remarkable...61 / 1170. I suppose it's indicative of just how strongly people feel about it, particularly the current and ex- US servicemen who frequent this forum? As a non-military, non-American citizen, I find it quite fascinating (and, for what it's worth, I don't like the new uniform either!)

Sabrejet :thumbdown:

snake36bravo

SNAFU as far as I'm concerned.

Military leadership at the top has had it's head up it's fourth point of contact since inception. I can think of plenty of stupid thinking on the part of our leadership like conducting vehicle patrols rather than foot patrols for expedience alone (FOB mentality) the current pissing contest between Army and Air Force aviation over who owns the right to fly what type of UAVs or place a memory marker on Hill 937 that makes the argument over clothing issue moot.

I went from pissed about this stupid looking getup to furious all around at the stupidity at the top. I'd like to mail Shoomaker a turd but dress it in a miniature version of his wet dream.

Brian Dentino
Nobody is disputing the appearance of the Army Service Uniform/ Dress Blues. The issues are practicality, cost, and appropriateness. The U.S. Army has gotten rid of what was considered business attire (Class-A's) and combined it with a semi formal tuxedo (Dress Blues) and then they tried to tell its Soldiers that they voted for it and they wanted it. That is clearly not the case. Having one dress uniform takes away from the formality of traditional events. Now we wear the same uniform to honor our fallen comrades that a recruiter wears to the mall to make a sales pitch to high school kids. And there is no beret in out inventory that compliments this uniform. We are a nation at war and our Soldiers deserve to feel special; they should want to wear their uniforms and right now they dont.

Well stated, and underscores the true meaning of the seperation of the utilities, grns, and blues in the past. I don't think that I thought of it this way: "Now we wear the same uniform to honor our fallen comrades that a recruiter wears to the mall to make a sales pitch to high school kids."

Sadly that is true and hits with a lot of emotion.

And the "a beret for everyone" idea........bad from the start! :thumbdown:

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

It's buffugly. When I was in I avoided purchasing the blues because I didn't like them. They may be traditional and all but I didn't want to look like an Air Force guy or a bus driver. The Army colors should be earthen. Browns and tans. The USMC has traditionally always had the best uniforms and they still do. Now the Army looks like the Navy and Air Force and it sucks...nothing against those services, just the uniforms and all.

The best looking uniforms are the Ike Jacket and the khaki summer uniform. Any airborne types with bloused boots and beret wearing khaki uniforms looks as good any uniform.

As far as the Army wearing a ton of insignia compared to previously. Maybe the campaign and service ribbons have bloated but the individuals standing at the monument are old timers with tons of experience and schooling so they naturally have a ton of stuff. In my day (old man voice) we wore on service ribbon and then everything else was earned through combat or special deployments.

The Army has dropped the ball.

Rock

It's a shame, I'll be wearing the new blues when I enter the Army. They're geting rid of one of the best looking uniforms out there. -_- But in all reality we should be focusing on winning the War On Terror- even if 'victory' isn't in some peoples' vocabulary

post-5137-1283283064.jpeg

post-467-1283283625.jpg

About waist insignias... the former SSI which has moved down to the waist is sewn on or velcro'ed ? Or is this a metalic pin badge ?

NobleLoyalGSD

Never that fond of the greens, either, but these blues totally miss the mark and scream "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

:yucky:

post-1759-1283283923.jpg

Waist insignias?! Whose brilliant idea was this? What happens when they're worn by personnel with ample girths and they sit down/ bend...or any personnel actually?! And will new issue shirts be re-inforced in that area?

Sabrejet :o

That's it...I'm through with patches. From now on I'm only going to collect.... waist insignia?!

Sabrejet :whistling: