Anyone ever see a current issue map case?

I just got this the other day, it comes with a light system that used LEDs of different colors to light the map and to use as a flashlight of sorts. This one has a blue map light and a green flash light.

2ag0uat.jpg

8zkwoi.jpg

1z6e7nq.jpg

:jeal0001: That's way cool, now if there was one in ERDL... :rolleyes:

The paint stripping of M1 helmets, particularly protestor helmets, is destruction of history by the very men who claim to protect it.
Always looking for gear and items linked to the following: Joe S. Tamura US Army; Ken Tamura 442nd RCT; Capt. Emerson US Army Medical Corps, Norman Albert Wells Fifth Infantry Division

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Nope, but now i have, thanks! very cool!

Haydn

Actively collecting 7th Armored Division items, groupings, etc. especially anything dealing with CO B, 23rd AIB

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning." - Colonel David M. Shoup

donation2011.gif

Very neat!

Even in the age of the GPS and the computer, nothing can beat a good ol' physical map :lol:

Exactly! I was thinking the same thing!

Actively collecting 7th Armored Division items, groupings, etc. especially anything dealing with CO B, 23rd AIB

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning." - Colonel David M. Shoup

donation2011.gif

Okay, you got your map case, now where's my flag? :whistling:

hehehe, that is realy cool. It looks like it rolls up, and the light goes in the outside case, Correct?

About how big is it?

Tyler

RIP Private Lester H. Scheaffer, 1913 - 1944. 29th Infantry Division, 175th Infantry Regiment, Company F. Killed In Action September 12th, 1944 in France

RIP Sergeant Elwood F. Schaeffer, 1919 - 2001. 21st Engineer Regiment (Aviation) and 824th Engineer Aviation Battalion, attached to the Army Air Force in Iceland

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Very neat!

Even in the age of the GPS and the computer, nothing can beat a good ol' physical map :lol:

I agree!!!

And ironic, as I and a couple others over here in Iraq were just having this very same discussion this morning. Of course, being old timers as were are, it was more grumping than anything. Especially about how the skills of map reading and land nav are going the way of the doodoo bird with the reliance today on technology. It is becoming a lost art with many of the younger ones today.

And cool mapcase Hawk! If I still had need for one, I would be over that like stink on poo.

Learn to ride hard, shoot straight, dance well and so live that you can, if necessary, look any man in the eye and tell him to go to Hell! US Cavalry Manual, 1923

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Very cool, techno-nerdy piece of equipment! What scale map are you using? From the photos, it looks like it would be fine for dismounted patrol, but in a vehicle you would have to keep removing and refolding the map to reflect your new location.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

Oh, that's how it works!

No, it rolls up around the light. The outside pocket is for markers and pens

hahaha

Okay, I see, very neat. Keep on posting stuff you find.

Tyler

RIP Private Lester H. Scheaffer, 1913 - 1944. 29th Infantry Division, 175th Infantry Regiment, Company F. Killed In Action September 12th, 1944 in France

RIP Sergeant Elwood F. Schaeffer, 1919 - 2001. 21st Engineer Regiment (Aviation) and 824th Engineer Aviation Battalion, attached to the Army Air Force in Iceland

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif