Anyone ever see a current issue map case?

hawkdriver

I just got this the other day, it comes with a light system that used LEDs of different colors to light the map and to use as a flashlight of sorts. This one has a blue map light and a green flash light.

2ag0uat.jpg

8zkwoi.jpg

1z6e7nq.jpg

neat item! Personally I've never seen one of these before. You learn something new every day! :lol:

thanks for posting Hawk!

Terry

I just got this the other day, it comes with a light system that used LEDs of different colors to light the map and to use as a flashlight of sorts. This one has a blue map light and a green flash light.

2ag0uat.jpg

8zkwoi.jpg

1z6e7nq.jpg

:jeal0001: That's way cool, now if there was one in ERDL... :rolleyes:

Lucky 7th Armored
Very neat!

Even in the age of the GPS and the computer, nothing can beat a good ol' physical map :lol:

Exactly! I was thinking the same thing!

Corpl. Cleaver

Okay, you got your map case, now where's my flag? :whistling:

hehehe, that is realy cool. It looks like it rolls up, and the light goes in the outside case, Correct?

About how big is it?

Tyler

Very neat!

Even in the age of the GPS and the computer, nothing can beat a good ol' physical map :lol:

I agree!!!

And ironic, as I and a couple others over here in Iraq were just having this very same discussion this morning. Of course, being old timers as were are, it was more grumping than anything. Especially about how the skills of map reading and land nav are going the way of the doodoo bird with the reliance today on technology. It is becoming a lost art with many of the younger ones today.

And cool mapcase Hawk! If I still had need for one, I would be over that like stink on poo.

Very cool, techno-nerdy piece of equipment! What scale map are you using? From the photos, it looks like it would be fine for dismounted patrol, but in a vehicle you would have to keep removing and refolding the map to reflect your new location.

Corpl. Cleaver
Oh, that's how it works!

No, it rolls up around the light. The outside pocket is for markers and pens

hahaha

Okay, I see, very neat. Keep on posting stuff you find.

Tyler