Feet don't fail me now!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Sorry- I previously posted this in a non-pinned section!- my bad!

I picked up these recently- could I have some comment as to exactly what they are and what others think of them please? I believe them to be early (ie 1940) service shoes but I would like confirmation of some sort. Note the stitching along the sides that runs horizontally.

ps if others have similar models, please post!

Thanks

Steve

DSCF6470_zps42e848f8.jpg

DSCF6474_zpscfea061e.jpg

DSCF6471_zps818e2cc8.jpg

DSCF6476_zpsf7673982.jpg

<p>Collecting USAAF and WW2 US items- currently seeking USN Model A or PK-1 Pararaft container

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/daily-morning-awesomeness-40-photos-372.gif

• 2 months later...

Those boots may be a little more special than you realize. That small rivet next to the bottom lace means that they were manufactured as field shoes and later converted to double buckle boots. They are some of the first DB's made.

Is the tongue on these as high as on the later rivetless models?

I have a pair with rivets, dated 15 Feb 1944, which have the high tongue leading me to believe they were made as DB boots...

f_poll.gif '29th,Let's Go!' f_poll.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Hi all,

Sorry- I previously posted this in a non-pinned section!- my bad!

I picked up these recently- could I have some comment as to exactly what they are and what others think of them please? I believe them to be early (ie 1940) service shoes but I would like confirmation of some sort. Note the stitching along the sides that runs horizontally.

ps if others have similar models, please post!

Thanks

Steve

DSCF6470_zps42e848f8.jpg

DSCF6474_zpscfea061e.jpg

DSCF6471_zps818e2cc8.jpg

DSCF6476_zpsf7673982.jpg

Steve,

I believe these are the US Army's Type I Service Shoe as the Type II had a composition sole.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you mean WW2 issue brown cotton/rayon laces? I bought six unissued pairs off an ebay seller at $3.99 per pair about a year ago. Try doing a search.

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Do you mean WW2 issue brown cotton/rayon laces? I bought six unissued pairs off an ebay seller at $3.99 per pair about a year ago. Try doing a search.

Yes, the ones Ive found so far and that came with my repros are deep russet color . I bought some ebay also, but these looks so much more light brown.

My spare WW2 laces are best described as a reddish-brown. They were in bundles with paper labels.

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

They are the correct length for 7 eyelet rough out service shoes/ buckle boots.

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

Thanks for sharing this information. It is very informative. Danny

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Forum Member #1691 since September 2007

Served in the US Army from 1960-80

First Sergeant (Retired)

Vietnam 1967 with 7-15th FA ~ [8"/175mm Gun] First Field Forces

Vietnam 1968 with 1-30th FA ~ [155mm] 1st Cavalry Division [AIRMOBILE]

President & Historian 30th FA Regiment Association ( WWW.HardChargers.Com )

Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the 30th Field Artillery Regiment in 2018

• 3 weeks later...