Feet don't fail me now! Military Footwear

Sabrejet

During WW2, leggings were as distinctive a feature of the G.I's appearance as the M-1 helmet. Here we have three typical variations on that theme.

First, with regular rough-out service shoes.

post-8022-1282906994.jpg post-8022-1282907003.jpg

craig_pickrall

Ian, that is a nice display and also good reference for newer collectors / reenactors.

If you still have all 3 of those put together can you add another photo please. I would like to see a side view of all 3 together to compare lace patterns, height of leggings, etc. Thanks, if possible.

craig_pickrall said:
Ian, that is a nice display and also good reference for newer collectors / reenactors.

If you still have all 3 of those put together can you add another photo please. I would like to see a side view of all 3 together to compare lace patterns, height of leggings, etc. Thanks, if possible.

Here you go Craig!

post-8022-1282925219.jpg

Ian

post-8022-1282925289.jpg post-8022-1282925298.jpg post-8022-1282925308.jpg

Johan Willaert

Those looking for a photographic overview of the most common WW2 US Army footwear can also find it here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57160-the-liberator-collection/page-9&do=findComment&comment=426691

and following posts...

Nice shoes, Ian.... You know how I feel about shoes.... :lol:

Those looking for a photographic overview of the most common WW2 US Army footwear can also find it here:http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57160-the-liberator-collection/page-9&do=findComment&comment=426691
and following posts...
Nice shoes, Ian.... You know how I feel about shoes.... :lol:

Thanks Johan. Don't they say that there's one part of a woman's brain which thinks about shoes 24/7?!

Ian ;)

Ian, Thanks for posting these! Maybe you, Johan, me and a few others could put together a reference on footwear? I believe WWI Nerd started a thread on WWI footwear that was incredible, but I don't think it was ever added as a reference. What do you think?

Ian, Thanks for posting these! Maybe you, Johan, me and a few others could put together a reference on footwear? I believe WWI Nerd started a thread on WWI footwear that was incredible, but I don't think it was ever added as a reference. What do you think?

Hi Beast...sure..why not?

Ian

Absolutely beautiful, Ian :w00t: :w00t:...on top-notch examples of footwear, no less!

Those smooth-out Service Shoes are, uuh...EEEeeyaaaaaaaaah :P

As Beast suggested, here are some additional examples of US military footwear.

USN low quarters, 1944.

post-8022-1283185373.jpg post-8022-1283185386.jpg

post-8022-1283185467.jpg