Zoom

erctut1

I have this picture of my Great Grandfather. I'm trying to find out what is on his collar disc. I can tell there are 2 crossed rifles and looks like possibly a letter under them and maybe even something above them. But when I zoom in its too blurry. I have scanned it in 1200 dpi and changed to a tif file. Is there some program out there that can zoom in clear? Or is the picture too old?

You could try upping it to 2400 dpi since you are enlarging a very small portion of the image. Scan as a PICT/PCT file.

You could try upping it to 2400 dpi since you are enlarging a very small portion of the image. Scan as a PICT/PCT file.
1200 is the max I can do. I also don't see pict/pct file anywhere.

1200 is the max I can do. I also don't see pict/pct file anywhere.

Too bad.

The age of the photo does not necessarily affect sharpness - in fact some older photos can have more detail than many modern prints.

Too bad.

The age of the photo does not necessarily affect sharpness - in fact some older photos can have more detail than many modern prints.

Well that sucks. Hopefully someone knows about something.

Instead of using the scanner try one of the 10X Magnifiers that coin shops use. I find it very handy in ID'ing the fine details in picures. Requires no electricity either so you can take it to shows as well.