OIF Smokes

hawkdriver

The other day, I was at the PX shopping area with one of my guys and he needed to go into the smoke shop to get some cigs. Normally, I wait outside, but this time, I followed him into the store. While he was getting his stuff, I noticed a pack of Marlboro cigarettes and on them was Arabic writing. I didn't know these were even made. I don't smoke, hate the stuff, but I bit my lip and bought a pack for the colleciton. Maybe some day, they will be worth something.

2n1s2ky.jpg

Misanthropic_Gods
hmmmm, maybe I ought to go back and buy a couple cartons???

Ha ha..maybe. Keep a few, sell a few now, save the rest and sell them for mucho dinero 20 years down the road. :w00t:

bhmilitarycollector84

the funny thing is they still say lights

now here they say gold pack they cant call them lights

how much is a hoji pack of smokes ???

they are 5.58 here in michigan

the funny thing is they still say lights

now here they say gold pack they cant call them lights

how much is a hoji pack of smokes ???

they are 5.58 here in michigan

Here a pack is $9.00...and they taste like old straw...I prefer cigars actually.

Cool pack of cigarettes!!!!!

By Hadji smokes I think he might be referring to Bedes... they look (and smell) like joints when you smoke them. They are small, maybe 2-1/2 inches long, rolled, and actually TIED. They come rolled in a little paper pack with 25 or 30 in a pack as I remember. Is that what you are referring to?

Wayne

Robswashashore
By Hadji smokes I think he might be referring to Bedes... they look (and smell) like joints when you smoke them. They are small, maybe 2-1/2 inches long, rolled, and actually TIED. They come rolled in a little paper pack with 25 or 30 in a pack as I remember. Is that what you are referring to?

Wayne

Now, Wayne, I am quite sure that when you make that reference to "joints" you are not speaking from personal experience....?!!! :ermm: (I know that no honored member of this forum would have the slightest idea what a joint looked or certainly not, smelled, like!!!) (Ahem)

Hey, a 90 year old pack of Lucky Strikes just went for $177

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...utorefresh=true

I'm thinking that I can put these away until the year 2100 and someone else in my family can go out to dinner! Not bad for a $5 investment :think:;)

As for what beedies smells like, I knew a guy that got some after desert storm and would smoke them. They do smell like pot, and yes, I did attend a Rat concert when I was younger, so I know what it smells like ;)

Now, Wayne, I am quite sure that when you make that reference to "joints" you are not speaking from personal experience....?!!! :ermm: (I know that no honored member of this forum would have the slightest idea what a joint looked or certainly not, smelled, like!!!) (Ahem)

I don't even smoke cigarettes... never have but I worked Drug Suppression for CID my last tour in Germany... Once a quarter we had to conduct a "controlled burn" to both destroy outdated drug evidence and to also certify the members of the office to be able to testify in court that the odor of burning marihuana had been detected on a crime scene. Having grown up in the 60s and 70s, I'd never smoked it myself but had been exposed to it enough times to know that even a contact buzz would result in a massive migraine for me. Yeah, those quarterly days when we had to certify were a major pain in the er... head for me. I have a video of one of our controlled burns here somewhere...

Having been deployed to Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Iraq, I've been exposed to people smoking bedes too... so yeah... I know what they smell like... LOL

Wayne

Hey, a 90 year old pack of Lucky Strikes just went for $177

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...utorefresh=true

I'm thinking that I can put these away until the year 2100 and someone else in my family can go out to dinner! Not bad for a $5 investment :think:;)

As for what beedies smells like, I knew a guy that got some after desert storm and would smoke them. They do smell like pot, and yes, I did attend a Rat concert when I was younger, so I know what it smells like ;)

:lol:

Big hair and concert fog..........

Next time I purchase some insignia from the shop down by your end, can I also buy a couple packs of these? :think:

I can present ID :ermm:

Next time I purchase some insignia from the shop down by your end, can I also buy a couple packs of these? :think:

I can present ID :ermm:

The question isn't if you are old enough to buy these, the question is whether I can ship them through the mail :blink: I never checked the list of prohibited items.

The question isn't if you are old enough to buy these, the question is whether I can ship them through the mail :blink: I never checked the list of prohibited items.

Ive shipped tobacco to Astan, there shouldnt be a problem shipping out as long as you're not sending cartons and declare them.

I am curious what the Arabic writing at the base of the carton is. I think it would be rather funny if it was a literal translation of the Surgeon General's Warning!

I am curious what the Arabic writing at the base of the carton is. I think it would be rather funny if it was a literal translation of the Surgeon General's Warning!

It is!

You know, look at what is the hardest thing to come by from WWII... the common personal items that GI's used everyday. Look at the prices people pay for WWII toothpaste, razor blades, and yes, cigarettes. Don't pass up the small stuff... years from now we will wonder where it all went.

I have put away all the paper items from my Cold War service in Germany... ration cards, guides to the Armed Forces rec centers, base movie schedules, US maps of the Autobahn with AAFES gas stations, etc. I doubt that any of it will ever be worth much, but it represents a unique moment in time. But it is this kind of stuff that gets discarded when people head for the plane.

I've been doing that for some time, I recently sent my Udari drivers licence home. I plan on taking my Eagle Cash card, base drivers licence, anything that you can't get back home and putting in my ID badge carrier and in my box of memories when I get back. Maybe I should go a carton of these cigarettes and send them home.