What camo pattern is who wearing?

dg0223

I don't particularly think the Oompa Loompa camo would be a big hit, but on an unrelated note, what is this?

neu241xpj9.jpg

I was doing a google image search for more camo pictures, and this came up under a USMC Camo search. Was this ever used, or was it only an experimental test piece? What was it meant to camo? Is it an urban pattern?

Misanthropic_Gods
I don't particularly think the Oompa Loompa camo would be a big hit, but on an unrelated note, what is this?

neu241xpj9.jpg

I was doing a google image search for more camo pictures, and this came up under a USMC Camo search. Was this ever used, or was it only an experimental test piece? What was it meant to camo? Is it an urban pattern?

I have seen a lot of the same question come up in the past week or so.

It is a set of Experimental Urban pattern camouflage from the Urban warrior trials held in California in 1999, it is common called USMC T-Pattern, L pattern, Tetris pattern, and a few other names. This pattern is one of the rarest and most sought after camo patterns to date

here is the wiki on urban warrior

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Urban_Warrior

This one is actually called AOR2/Digi1/NWUIII

How do you like them apples? :devil: :lol:B)

You know how I like them. ;)

I wonder if it is being used in Afghanistan right now.

Misanthropic_Gods
You know how I like them. ;)

I wonder if it is being used in Afghanistan right now.

As far as I know it isnt, the only ones that would be wearing it this early in the game would be NSW and they are wearing AOR1 and Multicam.

I have heard of these being spotted, but I think the USN is sticking with 3-color desert as organizational gear for Iraq and A-Stan

• 2 years later...
asianairborne

I find the AOR2s the Navy issued to be very effective.

I still believe that all branches should suck it up, save their money and go with the MARPAT pattern.. Its so effective and its already out there.

If any body has any of the NWU TYPE III for sale, please message me.

The USAF's modern utility uniforms are the ABU (Airman Battle Uniform), OCP (Operation Enduring Freedom Camouflage Pattern) Multicam, and ABS-G (Airman Battle System - Ground) ABU components. Also the USAF Airman wear the uniform that whatever branch that they are attached to,Army, Marines or Navy.

Mark