USMC and Corpsman uniforms

shrapneldude

Kurt Barickman

I enjoyed seeing your rooms. Very nice, especially the USN medical uniforms. :thumbsup: Thanks for posting.

Kurt Barickman

• 4 months later...

I lucked into a large box of wooden hangers the other day ($5!) and decided to make all my USMC uniforms more... uniform. Have to admit, they look much better all on the same color and style hanger, all at the same height.

post-1424-1297885339.jpg

Corpsmancollector
post-1424-1297885445.jpg

Great stuff Dan!

I definitely agree, it's the little things that make a big difference to display and presentation :thumbsup:

Nice set up

Will

Oh ya !! They still look amazing those USMC Uniforms you have got there Great Work and its

great to have the room to have them all together like that on the one stand well done :thumbsup: .

Regards

Tomás

post-1424-1297914652.jpg

post-1424-1297914658.jpg

*There is a question mark on both of the full-manneqin uniforms above. The Capt. has gold faux embroider bars, and have been debating whether to replace or not as those are the bars that came with the group. The camo suit has a vest on it that may be some descendant of the USMC Raider vest / pack thing, or may just be civilian gear made with surplus parts. It looks pretty cool though.

post-1424-1297885445.jpg

Something's really amiss with these hangars. I don't like them. I really think you need to do something different...

...like send those uniforms to me!!! :w00t:

Very nice collection, in post #34 laying on the table is that a first patter m1955? Or a m1952 vest? :w00t:

The one lying on the table is a 52, the one on the mannequin (with the radio handset) is a 55.

post-1424-1297989961.jpg

post-1424-1297989971.jpg

post-1424-1297989976.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

This is about 25% of the unbearable beast of a "collection" this used to be, before I sold off everything but USMC and Corpsman. Adding little by little as finances permit, but this has been a very enjoyable collection to build.

Some misc. things hung on the walls in the collection rooms.

post-1424-1298309242.jpg

Rubbing from the Medal of Honor memorial in Indanaopils, and a 1940 photo of a USMC dog mascot, and an envelope signed by 3 former USMC Commandants.

post-1424-1298309096.jpg

Purple Heart artwork and 2nd Marine Division artwork -- both hand-made, presumably by a relative of a serving Marine.

post-1424-1298309025.jpg

Top is a 1920s era USMC guard detachment photo, bottom is a uniform plate showing USMC enlisted and officer uniforms from the late 1800s through WWI, left is a USMC in-service flag (courtesy of one awesome fellow ohioan and forum member) and right is a scout dog plaque.