Sign in to follow this  
grog18b

My M1 and M1A

I picked this up a few years back, from the CMP Program and wanted to share. I ran the serial number and found it was made during June, 1944, shipped to Greece on the lend-lease program, and recently returned. Now, she is mine. The rifling is awesome, and besides a few minor stock dings, she looks like she walked off the assembly line yesterday. I love the deep dark color to the wood. I am a huge fan of the Springfield rifles, and one I always wanted was an M14. So, I broke down and bought the M1A in the photo. She's a good shooter too. The one I shot in the military was a scoped XM21 system, and I've wanted a similar rifle ever since.

I took the CMP M1 apart, and it appears most of the parts are SA. I paid 320 for this piece of history, and she found a good home. I love Garands, and this one is awesome. I cannot recommend the CMP program enough, after receiving this rifle. If anyone out there has been thinking of getting one, now is a very good time, before they dry up. My friend and neighbor also bought one, after seeing mine. The price has gone up recently, but the weapon he received is just as nice as mine. GROG

post-13574-1282527204.jpg

"I won't tell you which church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own." GROG

Good taste, I've got a pair also. FYI if you have an CMP Estore account they have some linked 30-06 at $100 for 250 rounds in a WW2 can.

donation2013.gif

GOD Bless Texas And All That Serve Her

Heres Mine

DSCF0174.jpg

DSCF0176.jpg

It's fitted with a Sparrowhawk Farms Fake Selector

Stock from Freds M14 parts

Currently, I have it configured as an SDM rifle like we used in 2004-05 Baghdad.

Picture001.jpg

SS 10X40 Mildot scope

A.R.M.S. #18 Mount NSN 1240-01-316-0055

A.R.M.S.#22Rings NSN 1240-01-569-6707

Harris Bipod on rail mount

G.I. Fiberglass Stock

My Garand is Springfield Armory Ser # 31422xx

Great rifles, Grog :thumbsup:

Linedoggie, your SA was made fairly quickly after mine; I have 3138689 (no worries on s/n fraud; I have all the CMP paperwork). It's always interesting to see that other people have s/ns close to a rifle or pistol that you have. It still fascinates me that I own a little bit of US History

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.