Non PC variations

JCFalkenbergIII

Another. Robert

This one I know..... BERUT N PICHKA...

I was assigned to Fort Carson while the 3rd ACR was still there... I went to Bosnia with them which is where I think this patch originates from, getting away with what it says by using the Cyrillic spelling of the phrase.

Berut means Gunpowder in what if I remember correctly is Serbian... I'll give you three guesses what Pichka means... but most of you will probably only need one... LOL Yes... this one is VERY non-PC!!!

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...
Salvage Sailor

For the 'scope dopes' amongst us.....

USN CIC Novelty Patch

CIC_Patch.jpg

....and for those of you who think CIC means Combat Information Center

CIC_Christ_I__m_confused.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

AH-64D Longbow Flight School Class Patch...Does this need to be explained?!?!?!

Very Non-PC

post-14882-1306122139.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just found this great thread and thought I would add a couple more to keep it going.

post-5148-1312568307.jpg

And another . . .

post-5148-1312568488.jpg

And a classic . . .

post-5148-1312568622.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Took these with the phone, so not the greatest. But thought some might like to see a few morale patches that one of the Captains in my office have over his workstation..

ddd1ef1f.jpg

d2262f7e.jpg

8a879ac6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I love this thread and have a patch I want to post. Hopefully it will ad to the fun.

The patch I am posting comes from a U.S. Navy vet, Gene Smigocki who served on the U.S.S. Lake Champlain during the Korean war. He was with ordnance and serviced the Douglas F3D Sky Knight, also known as "Willy the Wale" for it's less than svelte outline . There were only 4 such planes on board the carrier. As they approached Korea the planes were ordered off the ship to join a Marine unit that also had F3D's. Mr Smigocki told me that the ships crew were happy to see them go because of damage incurred when ever the jets were launched. It turns out that the under fuselage hung engines would damage the deck and the jets weight would damage the catapult.

The patch itself is a take off on the U.S. Marine 1st Division patch ( Smigocki's unit was attached to the Marines) but instead of the number 1 there is the middle finger. This patch clearly illustrates the feelings these men had towards their duty in Korea. They were located in a damp mud hole for the duration far from the the more clean duty they had aboard ship.

Hope you enjoy

M.

post-51189-1315089445.jpg

Here is a patch that came from a vet who was in Nam and retired from the 193rd Special Operations Group in the 1990's. Can anyone tell me what this patch is about ?

post-51189-1315178014.jpg

Here is another patch from the same vet. You can see that this is from the 193rd but does any one know what meaning it had ?

post-51189-1315178232.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Proud Kraut

Were these posted before? Two US patches from A`stan (bottom).

The shape of this old German SFOR "Küchenbullen" (Cookhouse wallah) patch was clearly visible influenced by another US unit's patch; can't remember which one at the moment.... :blink:

PC2.jpg